Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help with DT Swiss 240s hub conversion
  • sem
    Free Member

If you know things swiss and hub, then please read on and help if possible.

I’ve picked up a rear DT Swiss 240s hubbed wheel, and it’s set for 135×12. I want to convert it to QR. I have bought the “DT Swiss Conversion Kits 12mm to QR Rear” from CRC, but when I pop on the two end caps, I end up with too wide a hub. Back to the order desk to guess which hub kit has the shortened axle (phone support never gets far). I find what I think is right, which is the 12 to QR rear for the 440s, because that’s all I can find with what looks like the right axle. I turn to the DT Swiss hub disassembly document, but can’t get past the locking mechanism inside the freehub and the hub itself. The document has a reference to a special tool, with no indication what it is or what P/N it can be ordered under.

Any suggestions? I’m close to calling Madison, the UK importer, and sending it all off, but that’s the last option.

BadlyWiredDog

It’s a very expensive splined thing, costs about 50 quid, but it’s the only way to dismantled the freehub and get at the bearings inside it. Er, hang on…

BadlyWiredDog

This thing – used to be cheaper.

sem
    Free Member

Thanks for tracking that down for me, BWD. I’m not sure if I’ll be in there enough to justify the price tag, but at least I know what’s required now. Maybe I’ll shoot into the LBS to see if they’ve got one first.

BearBack
    Free Member

my 440fr’s came with 2 axle end caps.. pull one off, pop other in.. conversion between 9QR and 12bolt thru… no new axle, just end cap swap.

pretty much this. IIRC, the two caps are different lengths longest goes on the drive side.

https://bike-components.de/images/product_images/popup_images/12238_1_dtswiss_240s__340_.jpg
    https://bike-components.de/images/product_images/popup_images/12238_2_dtswiss_240s__340_.jpg

We did just order a conversion kit for the EX1750 wheelsets.. part number HWYXXX0001287S ‘RW Kit for 135 mm / Ø 12 mm 240s db & db center lock & 440 freeride & 340 db thru bolt *** (axle & adaptors)’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help with DT Swiss 240s hub conversion’ is closed to new replies.