Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • help with bike geometry (blur / 5)
  • drzoidberg
    Free Member

am thinking of getting either a ornage 5 or a blur LT, ridden both a few weeks ago and loved them just trying to choose one.

Anyway, 2 things…

One major thing i noticed that was different between the 2 was the orange is more stretched out then the Blur. What sort of situations is this good / bad in? I didnt actually get to ride any majorly steep technical stuff on my demos, so what difference would it make on this kind of terrain?

Also, people often go on about head angles, and i’ve read (on here) that the blur is steeper than the 5. Again, would this make a difference on really steep stuff (climbing and descending)

Think the blur has the edge at the moment just because it seemed to climb more efficiently. Although where i ride (lakes) most people seem to have 5’s!

jfeb
    Free Member

If you have ridden them both on the sorts of trails you are likely to be riding on in the future, just get the one you liked best. The rest of it is irrelevant tbh.

drzoidberg
    Free Member

sounds like the blur then! I was just wondering why people go on about head angles and other bits of geometry so much in reviews etc!

richmtb

I’ve got a Blur LT and have ridden a Five a few times.

Didn’t really like the Five it was just too slack, didn’t turn quick enough.

The Blur is better at climbing for two reasons, more sophisticated suspension and a steeper head angle. I guess the Five might be better when the going gets really steep but I’ve not found anything on the Blur where the bike was the limiting factor (rather than me)

Bregante

What jfeb said. I tried a Heckler a year or so back which had far steeper head angle than I thought I wanted but it was superb and just felt “right”. If you don’t buy the bike you preferred to ride, no point having a test ride really. Geometry is always a good guideline but that’s all it is, a guide. 🙂

jfeb
    Free Member

drzoidberg – Member
    sounds like the blur then! I was just wondering why people go on about head angles and other bits of geometry so much in reviews etc!

Filling space 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘help with bike geometry (blur / 5)’ is closed to new replies.