Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help with a walking route in the Peak District (Froggart/Baslow area)
  • ampthill

If you know the Area round Baslow I’d be grateful if you’d look at the route on this map.

http://www.getamap.ordnancesurveyleisure.co.uk/?key=uMP-Uhb0jMVGzcMxO3SaIQ2

Its a walk I’m supposed to be leading with colleagues, including senior staff. Ordinarily I’d just go and walk it but I have an ankle injury. This also means that some one else most likely be leading the walk on the day.

Are there any issues with this walk. Do the footpaths actually exist on the ground? Does it make any odds which side of the river we walk?

Thanks

John

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Which way round are you going?

The paths on the top of Baslow and Curbar/Frogatt are VERY obvious.

The track off the N. end of Froggatt is very rocky. The one off Baslow edge got sanitised a few years back, so you could drive up it easily enough.

Not done the bit along the river, but it can’t be rocket science to navigate…

lasty
    Free Member

Did that a few years ago – seem to remember the hardest bit was getting out of Baslow !!
    Once up on the edge footpaths are obvious . Cant remember which side of the river we walked back on but its a river – just follow it back to Baslow…

Enjoy 😆

ampthill

Thanks folks

Yes leaving Baslow will be the challenge. I think folks will use phones if necessary. Some people going are really experienced so they should be fine

We are starting from Baslow upto the edges then back along the river.

Lunch at Chequers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help with a walking route in the Peak District (Froggart/Baslow area)’ is closed to new replies.