Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help! spesh rear shock judder
  • Badger
    Free Member

I’m preping my bike (spesh S-works carbon stumpjumper FSR 120 2007)for whistler (I fly on thursday eve)

I’ve taken the rear triangle apart, cleaned and regreased all the bearings and then reassembled it.

The movement of the rear triangle is butter smooth but…..

The shock when I compress it quickly judders and if I spray soem TF2 on the piston it leaves several oil lines down the length of the piston.

I’ve checked everything is tight but not too tight to restrict shock movement and I’ve checked anything that could cause it – I’ve tried with full medium and no rebound damping (in case it was on the return stroke but I don’t think it is)

Help! any ideas what is wong? How do I fix it?

Profuse thanks for any help!

Badger

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

One of the shock bushings binding?

Take one end off and check it moves feely then try the other end?

Badger
    Free Member

TJ

Done that – just regreased the air sleeve

It seems to only happen when I have the brainfade dialled up to firm – but its where I normally have the brain set and its not normally like this.

I’m starting to runout of options so I might be giving mr Flooks a ring first thing tommorrow.

Mojo or TFtuned? I need it turned round super fast and back out to me guaranteed next day delivery. Whats peoles experience of both?

Thanks

Badger

AndyPaice
    Free Member

TF offer a courier service for about £18. They pick it up and deliver it back. It’s been next day the three or four times I’ve used ’em

Badger
    Free Member

Thanks Andy.

They’re quite a lot cheaper than Mojo and I’ve heard good things about them (as well as Mojo) so I guess its TFTuned.

I’ve checked all the possible causes and eliminated everything other than a problem with the inertia brain valve thing and none of the people I know who work in bike shops can think of anything else it could be so its definately needin a service… bugger!

I’ll call them tommorrow 1st thing and keep all apendages crossed in hope it all goes smoothly and in time!

Thanks for the suggestions

Badger

neilb67
    Free Member

I think you will have to send it to Mojo as TF wont touch Brain shocks…

About half way down the page…

http://www.tftunedshox.com/service/fox.aspx

Badger
    Free Member

They don’t do the Fox brain shocks. Mines the Specialized one – which I think they do do.

I’ll ring and check tommorrow anyway – either way I should just get it done in time.

Badger

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help! spesh rear shock judder’ is closed to new replies.