Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help! – Son wiped iphone – any way I can get back photos?
  • mudmuncher

My iphone has some work security software that wipes everything if the password is put in wrong 3 times. Unfortunately my son just did that and I haven’t backed up for 9 months so I’ve lost a lot of photos.

Is there any recovery software I can use to get these back?

Jamie
    Free Member

Without spending an arm and a leg, no. That’s the point of Apple’s wipe on X wrong attempts.

CountZero

Without spending an arm and a leg, no. That’s the point of Apple’s wipe on X wrong attempts.

And either regular backing up, or automatic saving to the cloud.
    If two-factor security was activated, along with a six-digit PIN, that software wouldn’t be necessary. Even the FBI, NSA and GCHQ wouldn’t be able to get into it.
    But you could.

Jamie
    Free Member

And either regular backing up, or automatic saving to the cloud.

Well, yes, but I didn’t want to kick a man when he’s down. I think they know they should have backed up more frequently.

mudmuncher

Was going to try downloading “phonerescue” but from what you are saying I’m basically knackered

cyclistm
    Free Member

Might be worth checking whether your work back it up automatically? Unlikely but worth a try

Jamie
    Free Member

Was going to try downloading “phonerescue” but from what you are saying I’m basically knackered

If it’s a work phone, could your IT dept help? Maybe they have backups scheduled?

simon_g

Would only work for deleted items on an un-wiped device – say if you accidentally deleted some photos.

A wipe deletes the encryption keys on the device – no going back from that unfortunately.

brant
    Free Member

So even if you’ve backed up using iCloud Backup, you wouldn’t be able to restore?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

You’re pohoto’s should be on iCloud Photoshare. You get a certain allowance with every Apple ID so every photo you have on your camera roll is automatically uploaded to Photoshare. So even though your phone is wiped whatever is on Photoshare should be available to you once you get your phone restored and your Apple ID restored.

Also check iTunes to see if it had backed up over WiFi.

mudmuncher

I logged into icloud on the pc and I only have photos showing until the end of 2016 unforunately

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve used RestoreImage successfully on my Android phone but it only brings back photos you’ve actually sent somebody.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help! – Son wiped iphone – any way I can get back photos?’ is closed to new replies.