Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • help sleeping
  • crikey
    Free Member

Well I must admit being a god is pretty intense, but it pales into insignificance compared to the living hell that is being a junior doctor. That’s why no parent would want to see their child go down that route..

Come on Al, this isn’t up to your usual high standard of cynicism; is today your day of rest?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Less is more.

Just like how you have no idea about the op’s situation (less) yet you have all the answers (more)

crikey
    Free Member

Just like how you have no idea about the op’s situation

Which is why I’m not commenting on his situation… I’m making the point that the use of ‘intense’ to describe a university course and ‘intense’ to describe a job that thousands of people manage to do, which pays well, which has the potential for a considerable salary at the end, and with which I am very familiar, is perhaps less than accurate.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Perhaps (try to stay with me on this) he experiences it as intense, therefore it IS intense to him?

Can you accept that, given that you accept that you have no idea about his situation?

crikey
    Free Member

Can you accept that, given that you accept that you have no idea about his situation

Which is why I’m not commenting on his situation…

Perhaps (try to stay with me on this) he experiences it as intense, therefore it IS intense to him

Perhaps part of everyones education should be to learn that what they experience is not necessarily what everyone else experiences, thus developing empathy and insight; both valuable in any career that involves contact with others?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes you are.

WTF are you on about.

crikey
    Free Member

I think you need a sleep Al.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not at all.

You are patronizing the OP, contradicting yourself and talking nonsense, and trying to dick me around.

I don’t care how awesome your Mrs is for eating a kebab, I’m out!

Markie
    Free Member

I’m out!

Just as the thread was getting intense, too…

crikey
    Free Member

My work here is done…

fontmoss
    Free Member

annnnnyway

I find uni hardgoing emotionally and don’t feel that’s going to change, i have never thought it was harder than other people’s lives in fact I would i would say that it’s far easier than most folks-i dont have kids for a start. However, that doesn’t stop me feeling mentally drained and struggling to get to sleep consistently.

make sweeping statements about students, medics etc to your hearts content just start your own thread to do so, ta

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘help sleeping’ is closed to new replies.