Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Help settle an argument – Yeti 575 or Cotic Hemlock
  • Flapjack
    Free Member

My 'mate' Mickasaki keeps banging on about his Hemlock being better looking/riding and just plain sexier than my 575 and just about anything else on the planet. To me it looks like something he built himself with bits he stole from the scrapyard he used to work in.

Please help me to shut his big fat ugly mouth once and for all by giving your opinion.
    Votes will be counted!!….. (Yeti owners, I'm counting on you)

First, my Beautiful new 575 (with flat rear tyre):

Now Mickasaki's shed:

Jamie
    Free Member

sexier

🙄

hopster
    Free Member

Sorry can't vote for either as they are both honking.;)

yetiguy
    Free Member

Hemlock is way better looking and a much nicer bike – IMO

HA HA just kidding

Its a moot point, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, ask 10 people what the best looking bike is and it will be the one that they have shelled their hard earned readies on. or the bike they would like to buy if they had the money

however seeing as you asked, its got to be the YETI 🙂

sc-xc

from those 2, the Hemlock looks nicer. But FS are never the prettiest, and curvy FS are the worse.

Purplefunkymonkey
    Free Member

I prefer the looks and tidier rear suspension of the Yeti.

but…………………………… they are both pish compared to my Meta 5. 😛

da funk

tootin

Easily the yeti

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Firstly, Meta 5? Come on! What a bag of spanners!
    Anyway, the 575 is MUCH nicer than the Hemlock! Shame about the Pace forks… Can you swap forks with him? 🙄

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Mate has a 575 and it is lovely, really nice bike, but I wanted a Hemlock so will have to cast my weight behind the Hemlock. Still, very very pleased with my Fuel EX9 though, nicer than both of them 🙂

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

No contest,the Hemlock is an ugly brute. Looks worse than my old style 575,which is no beauty!

backhander
    Free Member

Hemlock every single time.

nickc

They're ful sussers, ergo both ugly

Northwind

They are both total biffers. The Hemlock doesn't look too bad with the short link, the long one makes it look pretty damn horrible. The yeti looks like it's been left too close to the fire, that top tube's an offence to mine eyes. The Hemlock wins, I guess, since at least it looks purposefully ugly and while the yeti just looks wrong.

Still, you can't see them when you're riding them right?

lagerfanny
    Free Member

deffo the 575 8)

TheSwede
    Free Member

Yeti every time. Biased being a 575 owner but the hemlock looks like Fred Dibnah knocked it up on his anvil.

spooky_b329

The 575 🙂

I test rode one of the mk.1 Hemlocks for a day, didn't get on with it at all. I think it was fitted with some Magura Laurin forks which were really wierd, would blow through half the travel under normal braking.

I generally found it hard work to ride, I was on a group ride and was knackered by the end, if I remember correctly I actually pulled out of another shorter ride after lunch that most of the group went on. I owned a Litespeed Niota at the time which was better, especially for climbing, but the Yeti 575 trumps them both easily 🙂

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

I like Cotic, I have one, but the Hemlock is ugly in my opinion. The 575 is a fine looking machine, and probably snaps less often.

chakaping
    Free Member

I would have expected the Yeti to walk it, but for some reason your bike looks much taller than it is long.

It's close, but I'll have to give it to the Hemlock because of your Pace forks. Sorry.

coogan
    Free Member

They both look guff to me. And no bike is sexy, really. You get the horn over a bike, you got serious problems.

Nicklordxc
    Free Member

I really like your Yeti, it looks cool with the pace forks on it, i like the wheels. vote Yeti!

brakes
    Free Member

despite the fact that you chose the wrong size Yeti, it's far too big, it is still a lovely bike and better than the Cotic

Flapjack
    Free Member

9-5 to the Yeti!
    I'll give it till 20.00 before declaring the Yeti I mean winner!
    By the way Coogan. I'm yet to see you say anything on this website that doesn't make you sound like a right miserable sod (in a nice way) 😆

brakes
    Free Member

my vote goes for the Yeti

Flapjack
    Free Member

Sorry, make that 11-5….and it's not that big!, it's only a large.
    Just my sh1te photography skills!

DezB
    Free Member

Never liked rocker linkage plate things like the Hemlock has, but it's pretty cool looking.
    Yeti, it has to be. (Although I still think the old version looks much better 🙂 )

coogan
    Free Member

By the way Coogan. I'm yet to see you say anything on this website that doesn't make you sound like a right miserable sod (in a nice way)

Look harder then, I'm sure there must be a happy one somewhere. Let me know if you find it. 8)

Flapjack
    Free Member

Nice one! I'll keep looking. 😉

nicholasnismo
    Free Member

575 all day long great bike and sexy looking too…..oh and I have one!

Pete
    Free Member

Yeti..

toys19
    Free Member

Like the yeti and love the pace forks, like all the cotic stuff, except the hemlock – ugghhh

BMC09
    Free Member

out of the two, it has to be the 575, but Ibis Mojo's are the best looking bounce bikes out there 😀 … a 575 was my second choice tho.
    The Hemlock looks like it's been put together out of spare parts from Kona's and Pace's, dissapointing considering Cotic produce stuff like the Soda, the Soul and the BeFe

guido

Yeti.

Biased tho.

Flapjack
    Free Member

The question was asked and the people spoke………..

Yeti 17 …. Cotic 5

It's a beautiful thing to see democracy in action!
    Thanks to everyone for settling this once and for all (I hope).

nickegg
    Free Member

The 575….and not just because my wife has one!

Coasting
    Free Member

Had both of the latest frames.Yeti far nicer looking but the Hemlock is a far nicer riding bike.The yeti with the carbon rear is very flexy and blows right thru the middle part os the suspension.Ididnt like the bike at all and sold it on.The Hemlock is a rear ugly duckling but set up right,was one of the best bikes ive riden.

chakaping
    Free Member

.The yeti with the carbon rear is very flexy and blows right thru the middle part os the suspension

Which shock did you have, out of interest?

I found that with the DHX Air. Was told it was a different story with a Float, but sold the frame rather than bother getting the special tool required to change the shock.

mickasaki
    Free Member

I dont ever recall describing it as 'sexier', there's magazines for that (and rohipnol)! I was coming round to the Yeti way, but now i know how much you dislike Hemlocks, i'm gonna keep it just to piss you off! 575 nice in greeny colour or white though! What was it with the older ones? did they not have enough ali' to fill the hole in the top tube? Oh, and Flapjacks only bitter because the scales dont lie! £1000ish less to build and lighter!

Flapjack
    Free Member

Let it go mate.
    The Great British public has decided.

mickasaki
    Free Member

The Great British public has decided- hardly a true representaion of the nations elite!

mickasaki
    Free Member

Oh, I'll remind you of this next time you want me to come and fit some pedals or something else technical!!!!!!!!! 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Help settle an argument – Yeti 575 or Cotic Hemlock’ is closed to new replies.