Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help setting up rear mech, please
  • Lakes_Puma

Hi, I’ve just built up a new full sus and am having a odd issue with the transmission.

I’ve measured the chain length on full travel and it overlaps by 1 full link.

The drivetrain is 10 x 2 with a 11-36 rear cassette.

I’ve got an XT shadow rear mech and have adjusted the B? screw so on the large cog the top jockey wheel is just a few mm off the teeth.

But when changing up to the largest 2 or 3 cogs the chain momentarily sits on top of the peaks of the teeth before dropping into the correct position.

I’ve tried changing cable tension etc but can’t seem to get rid of this.

Any ideas?

retro83
    Free Member

Ignore me, I can’t read. 😆

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

have you tried it whilst riding it? you may find it will work correctly when you ride it.

coatesy
    Free Member

Possibly needs a touch more clearance on the B-tension, but i’d get your hanger checked for straightness.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Is the high stop set correctly?

Change to smallest rear sprocket and check the mech is sitting on the stop and not resting on the cable tension.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I’d get your hanger alignment checked, and set the b tension screw while in the small chain ring.

dantsw13

Sounds like a b screw issue, but without seeing it, I’d say start again, google the park tools website, find their “How to…..” section, and do it EXACTLY how they do.

Lakes_Puma

cheers for the responses, I’ll start again following park video.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help setting up rear mech, please’ is closed to new replies.