Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help – Servicing Reba forks
  • Frankers
    Free Member

I'm just servicing my Reba Team Maxle forks….

I've let the pressure out of both legs and undone both the (red) rebound bolt and nut on other side, i've been tapping the nut side with a rubber mallet but it's not budging, is this common?? other side seems to have released.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Leave the nut on and tap with with a metal hammer – the rubber mallet just doesn't transmit enough shock to loosen it out of the lower.

Frankers
    Free Member

Just tried it but still not released and has damaged the thread on screw part.

julianwilson
    Free Member

are you getting a good 'angle' on the spring side nut when you hit it? The maxle 'dropout' (or whater its called) gets in the way a bit I find. I used the nut threaded on (but far enough out) plus a deep 10mm socket so I could get a good whack straight downwards. Oh and I managed it with a rubber mallet and not that hard.

Otherwise, ring TF tuned in the morning I reckon…

Frankers
    Free Member

Yes angle seems fine, think i'll try it again with a 10mm socket.

How do you tell it has released?

Frankers
    Free Member

Cheers Julian the socket seems to have helped (+rubber mallet)

Hmmm…. how much oil should have been in there??

julianwilson
    Free Member

Are they 2010's? Manual says only 5mm a side for lowers which i am sure is less than for older versions. If I hadn't looked I'd have said 10 or 15. 😕

[edit] yes, according to the online manuals on sram site, it was 15mm for 2008 (old shape) and 10mm for 2009. Considering it was pretty much only the stickers that changed from 09 to '10, I don't know why they lost 5mm of oil in a year!

Frankers
    Free Member

Yes 2010 so looks like only 5ml

julianwilson
    Free Member

doh, long day at work, i meant mls not mm's. 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help – Servicing Reba forks’ is closed to new replies.