Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • HELP! RX eyewear!
  • bikeryder85
    Free Member

hey guys, I’m in the market for some RX eyewear for mtb (sunglasses maybe) and was wondering if those of you out there with less than perfect vision could help me in finding some good brands? any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

aP
    Free Member

Depends upon your prescription. High or low?

bri-72

I’ve got adidas evil eye with optical insert. Ok but do steam upon damp days might be an issue with all RX types tho.

bikeryder85
    Free Member

it’s kinda high…but the doc said its still very doable w/poly lenses

bikeryder85
    Free Member

thanks bri-72…i didn’t even know they still made evil eye…I’m hoping to get one that fits in the frame, not sure i can with my RX power tho

aP
    Free Member

Look at Rudy Project. When you say high – how high? As you get problems with high base lenses. Rupp + Hubrach are probably the best at the moment for complex lens design.

catnash
    Free Member

have a look at select specs. I buy the value range and just can’t believe the quality and price.

http://www.selectspecs.com/cheap-glasses/

These are what I buy;

These for £6

http://www.selectspecs.com/res/images/items/fullsized/5_19_1.jpg

bikeryder85
    Free Member

thanks I’ll check them out…how high? OD -225 (sphere) -75 (cylind) 105 axis, OS -325 (sphere) -75 (cylind) 060 axis…not sure what all that means but I can’t see the big E with my left eye without squinting in the exam

mintimperial

You should be able to get anything you like direct glazed with that Rx. I think even Oakley do up (down?) to -400 sphere in their own lenses, for example.

Oh, if you’re anywhere near Castleford I can recommend Extreme Eyewear at the XScape for very good proper Rx sports sunnies.

bikeryder85
    Free Member

thanks mint…I’ll def check that out…thanks for the info everyone

JimSu
    Free Member

I had evil eyes with inserts but found there were twice as many surfaces to fog/mud up.

Splashed out on Rudy Projects photochromatic from Rxsports who were fantastically helpful, big price but never looked back . evil eyes (about £200 total with inserts) sit in case unused!

jamiec360
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat looking to get new riding glasses., been using my rx raybans but no good in the winter. Was looking at oakleys had loads of non rx pairs in the past, especially looking at Jawbones just now. Thing is after I had my eye test they gave some contacts to try and I actually didn’t hate them…
    Going back next week when they get some of my prescription in to try out over the hols thinking now I’ll get some daily disposables (can carry spare pair then) and a standard pair of jawbones £200 ish with 2 polarised lenses vs £300 with one polarised rx lens but might still get the polarised rx lens for non contact days at £200 for the lenses. Any experience or opinion on that set up?

I do have a pair of rx Adidas goggles for skiing with the inserts as described before but just couldn’t get on with them anyone tried contacts at the top of a mountain?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘HELP! RX eyewear!’ is closed to new replies.