Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Help Resolve A Cassifieds Problem!
  • mieszko
    Free Member

You need a different MC unit to use a poplock. It has a spring inside so that the lever will return back, the crown lockout one does not have this spring inside so it’s not a straight swap. Plus You either need a cable stop on the crown of the fork or a mounted one to have the outer for the cable to stop.

The Rebas sold are poplock compatible, means that You need a poplock/pushlock to lock them out as the spring in the MC makes the adjuster go back. Normal crown mounted lockout stay in place.

TJ – I’ll give You £6 for one lever plus a bottle of beer and can collect 🙂

scaredypants

2010 Reba Teams – as new, lowers are immaculate. only ridden a couple of times (by me, god knows what the previous owner or owners got up to with it – why should I care ?)

fixed the original ad for you 😐

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Ladies!
    It is possible to unclip the spring in a Poploc MC cartridge to convert it to a manual adjust. It’s not hard, just a bit fiddly, and does require a bit of disassembly.

However, I understand why the buyer may be reluctant to do this. (I did it to a pair of Pikes as I wanted rid of the poploc, and unfortunately I’ve already sold it).

I hope both parties reach a sensible and suitable resolution as I don’t think anybody has deliberately set out to deceive. As far as I can see there was no ‘Intent’ so we shouldn’t be rushing to judge.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

How do you do that TW? Would like to do that to mine and make them manual adjust

orangesoul
    Free Member

Well, I have to agree with Jammy that this debate seems to have spiralled out of control.

To confirm…

– The forks are Reba Teams.
    – They have the adapter for a poplock/pushlock etc at the top of the leg but can not be manually locked. If they could be manually locked (without having to take the forks apart) I would be more than happy with them. Unfortunately they can’t.
    – Jammy has offered to go halves on a poplock/pushlock etc and very decent of him too.
    – I did express my dissappointment and probably wasn’t the most diplomatic in doing this. Apologies.

So what can we learn from this…

– Sellers. Please advertise your porducts in as much detail as possible. Explaining if anything is missing, damaged, getting close to being worn out etc.
    – Buyers. Ask questions. If you’re not happy with the photo’s provided or the product description, ask more questions. Never ever assume that something is as you’d expect it to be.

I believe that this debate has now been resolved between both parties for which I’m thankful.

Ed

Jammy111
    Free Member

Cheers Ed, very decent of you to post that up.

(MODS i think this thread should probably be closed now)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ain’t that cute…

Tiger6791

arhhhh bless 🙂

STW so full of win

iainc

jamesgarbett – Member
    How do you do that TW? Would like to do that to mine and make them manual adjust

peterpoddy has an online guide for it, with pics and step by step instructions – dead easy. I swopped my Reba’s over to manual crown top as the polpoc kept sticking

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Whip out the MoCo cartridge.

Look inside the red honeycomb thing. There is a SS shaft down the centre. About halfway down there is a spring hooked onto the shaft (via a pin) and onto the red plastic part. Unhook the spring using some long-nose pliers or a similar tool.

Reassemble.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

@orangesoul : my summary is a bit different to yours. The thread isnt out of control.

The seller describes an “excellent condition” Reba. This has many variants but all of them have lockout. The buyer possibly wasnt too worried which variant it was – fair enough. They all have lockout one way or another. But when the buyer got the fork – it is impossible to lock them out.

Personally I think the stw buyer having to go 50% on rectifing the sellers “mistake” (possibly when he bought them on ebay) is just not cricket.

I know the buyer can take the fork apart and partly rectify the problem but they’re not exactly a bargain. And aparently this fix is non reverisble so the resale value (if the listing was honest this time) is considerably less.

Overall – I still wouldnt buy anything from the OP. I rarely get on my high horse about anything on here – but the OP posting on here first in his defence (in a sneaky way imo) is out of order.

In summary – he sold something not as described / you would resonably expect. Ok it’s only a few quid either (after TJ’s offer) way but it still smells bad.

I’m off my high horse now…

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Help Resolve A Cassifieds Problem!’ is closed to new replies.