Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Help removing Sram DB5 brake from bike
  • applesandoranges
    Free Member

Hi this may be a stupid question but some times they need to be asked. Removing my DB5 brakes that is internally routed through the swing arm on my five.

When i remove the hose from the lever i cant get it through the hole on the swingarm because the cover wont come off because it wont move over the little silver NUT/or olive.

Can i remove the hose from the caliper end rather than the lever end? Their seems to be a 8 mm nut on the caliper end just like on the lever.

Thanks all.

orangeboy
    Free Member

The hose will unscrew from either end but the compression nut ( 8mm spanner thing ) may not go through the swing arm ?
    But never tried it with a orange 5 personally

If it won’t go through you will need to cut one end of the pipe off as the olive and barb and not always reuseable
    Have a look on you tube for hose fitting instructions and it should become clear

applesandoranges
    Free Member

The hose will unscrew from either end but the compression nut ( 8mm spanner thing ) may not go through the swing arm ?
    But never tried it with a orange 5 personally

If it won’t go through you will need to cut one end of the pipe off as the olive and barb and not always reuseable
    Have a look on you tube for hose fitting instructions and it should become clear

Thanks i done it,managed to pull the olive off.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help removing Sram DB5 brake from bike’ is closed to new replies.