Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • help please with shifter spare part
  • paladin

Found the lower cover has fallen off my right hand sl-m670 shifter

I think I need this bit
    Am I correct?

muddy9mtb

no this looks like the cover that goes over the shifter when you remove the gear selection indicator. that’s in the description, the picture however suggest it’s for gears without this? odd. but if you look at how it’s displayed in the picture the gear lever is missing and the handlebar mount is shown.

paladin

Uk bike store say the part isn’t available as a spare from shimano 🙁

Duct tape repair it is then…….

kcal

looks like you’re into either cannibalise an old shifter or even chat up Reg/Matt, Jon..

paladin

……or retrace my tracks. I reckon its fallen off in the last 100 miles somewhere.

paladin

With any luck, my rebound adjuster knob will be next to it

munrobiker
    Free Member

Paladin, please send me an e-mail to lleebb76 at gmail dot com when you get home from work- provided the bin man hasn’t been I have a Zee shifter which is broken which has one of these one and is essentially the same. You can have it for postage.

j450n
    Free Member

Made covers for mine from pound shop mini draw dividers!

Have worked surprisingly well!

cakefacesmallblock

Still running old school 3×9 here. I have an SLX right hand shifter, but an ancient Deore one on the left for the front mech.
    Swapped shifters and brakes round and simply hacksawed the display off the Deore ione and wrapped it in black tape. 3 years , loads of miles and really muddy winter conditions round here. Occasional blast of the devils own GT85 and all is still well. Tape it up for now ! Till you find one.

paladin

Emailed munrobiker in the hope that it works…
    Duct tape for now tho.
    Pity the left one won’t fit it, as that will be getting removed soon.
    Dunno how it managed to fall off in the first place 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

Madison website lists all spares.

You’ll be OK without that cover anyway

paladin

The cover from munrobikers trashed zee m640 shifter didn’t fit 🙁

However…..

An hour this afternoon dismantling and straightening all the bent bits, a half hour searching the deck for a tiny dropped circlip,a bit of twisted paperclip, a serious amount of cursing, and I now seem to have a functioning zee shifter 🙂

Cheers munrobiker!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘help please with shifter spare part’ is closed to new replies.