Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help please! Pro2evo, xd driver and 10mm endcaps not working together?
  • vincienup
    Free Member

As title line, no chain on bike yet, but if I spin the wheel in the drive direction the freehub clicks away and wheel spins. Good.

If I try to spin the wheel in the opposite direction, it gets a degree or two then jams.

Any thoughts anyone? Head against desk time here…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

are the end caps originally from a Shimano freehub?

I ask this because the XD driver/cassette requires end caps that are slightly smaller in outside diameter compared to the Shimano versions. I encountered this myself last week, when my QR caps (from a Shimano freehub) didn’t fit when I fitted a XD driver/cassette. I just turned mine down on a lathe a few mil.

If it’s not that then I’m not sure what it is. Have you swapped the freehub recently and forgotten to fit the washer between the hub and the freehub…?

vincienup
    Free Member

… washer … hm. I’m not sure I have… The freehub is sitting directly on the bearing I think.

The endcaps are the ones I was using with a Shimano freehub, they looked like they should fit. Certainly there’s enough clearance to get a standard cassette lockring tool in there with the endcap fitted.

This is sounding like I’ve missed a spacer I think. I just took another look at a quick video i shot of it last night and I’m struck by the obvious that the cassette isn’t turning with the wheel – duh, if it was it wouldn’t be clicking as it turned forward without a chain on it to hold it.

Out of interest, would this spacer move the centreline of the wheel appreciably? Just asking because the tyre is definitely much closer to the driveside chainstay than the NDS and it looked fine for dish when I was building it :/

drovercycles
    Free Member

As above, Hope hubs need a different end-cap if using an XD-driver rather than a Shimano-style freehub. Been caught out by this ourselves.

Hope will send you the bit if you ring them (in exchange for cash of course) or call us and we’ll get it ordered for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help please! Pro2evo, xd driver and 10mm endcaps not working together?’ is closed to new replies.