• This topic has 58 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by igm.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • HELP PLEASE my cooker door has just fallen off
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

As above frigging typical the day before xmas eve

What has happened is the glass door has come adrift and needs re glueing in place

So the question is what fast set high temp glur is easily available so I can stick the door back on

Yep this is an emergancy cos otherwise I will be buying a new cooker tomorrow 😥

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nice timing 🙄

sweepy
    Free Member

Maybe JB weld

or salad 🙂

squiff
    Free Member

PMSL 😆

Sorry I found this very funny

RustyMac

Can’t help with the glue however are you certain it does not simply slide back into place and of is held in place by some kind of clip – presuming it is the inner glass section of the door that has come away.

spooky_b329

Outer glass or inner glass? The inner normally just slots into the door, the outer will normally only get warm.

taxi25
    Free Member

online for this
    http://ovendoorglue.co.uk/?gclid=CJHojZSasbQCFW3KtAod-TYAlQ

Need to be close to north london to pick some up.

Drac

Kuco

Prison food

saladdodger
    Free Member

Spooky it is the outer door the brackets the glass is glued to has come unstuck the brackets are still on the cooker door

Yep I is in da poo

HELP

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BBQ the turkey! Win!

donks
    Free Member

Bungee bands….lots of them just until you have the cash and time to get a new oven. Trust me these things are not built to be repaired, ive tried on a few occasions and they just dont really make them that way.

Slogo
    Free Member

some sort of hi modulus silicone sealant.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looks like you may need to embrace the salad….

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m sure someone can sort you out with a loan of some sorts, but a rough location will help. Anyway shops are open tomorrow 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

Pot noodle?

imnotamused
    Free Member

Sit next to the oven for 4 hours on Xmas day holding the door in place. As long as you can reach the fridge for more booze then its a perfect plan. Don’t forget to get a glass before you sit down.

fenred
    Free Member

Be honest OP…You were cooking a Frey Bentos pie, forgot to remove the lid and blew the oven door off didn’t you??? 😀

fizzicist
    Free Member

Gaffa tape…

marcus7
    Free Member

Assuming screwfix are open tomorrow, get some flue sealant( silicone), its good for 300 deg c so should be ok for the oven. Tape it in place until it sets and jobs a good un!

project
    Free Member

You could go vegetarian.

somafunk

Use duct tape or gorilla tape to hold everything in place, i currently have gorilla tape holding my Hoover together around the plastic bodywork (for the past 3 years), as a makeshift door/bottle holder strap to stop bottles/cartons of stuff falling out the fridge door when you open it (must be at least 4yrs by now?), wee squares of the stuff stuck all over my Rab neutrino down vest to stop the down coming out where i’ve caught it on briars (1yr+), strip of the stuff holding my washing machine door shut (2 months) – it truly is a wonderful product and i doubt i’d manage without it. Or at least i would be very much worse off as i’d have to buy new stuff as the current appliances are all at least 12 years old and you can’t get spare parts for them anymore.

footflaps

Screwfix / Toolstation are open tomorrow – they’ll have something.

Cougar

blew the oven door off

andyl
    Free Member

Toolstation have some high temp silicone adhesive which is suitable. Got one near you?

gab344
    Free Member

This has to be a late entry for thread of the year……….

singlespeedstu

Did it just come off in your hand?

Greybeard
    Free Member

You may find something sold for car engines that has the temperature resistance and stickiness – eg, Halfords etc?

imnotamused
    Free Member

Put the Turkey in and turn the oven round so its facing the wall so the door doesn’t fall off. Keep turning the oven back round every half hour (and pick up the door off the floor) to check and baste the bird?

Or lie the oven on it’s back and gravity will solve the door problem. Put the bird in after you’ve moved the oven of course…

sharki
    Free Member

Wanna fitted cooker?
    I know of one lurkin.
    And I may be able to sort a free standing one for ya.

Txt me

allthepies
    Free Member

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Neil-F
    Free Member

If the glass has come off the door frame, then silicone will work.
    My Neff oven door came off, and after a bit of research I found that silicone sealant would do the job just fine. I removed the door, stuck the brackets back on and left it flat overnight. Refitted the next day and its been fine for 2 years.
    Most oven doors are completely removable by simply turning the hinge screws 45 degrees. I found my hinge was broken, and it was causing the glass to be levered off.

Neil-F
    Free Member

geoffj

sl2000

Does the loss of the outer door matter? I think it’s only there to stop anyone burning themselves on the inner door. Barricade off the oven so the kids can’t get near and cook normally I suggest.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Excellent thread chaps some genuine lol moments. Good luck op!

spooky_b329

Was going to post the same as sl2000, the outer door is just a cool surface, it should work without it.

I did hear of another person complaining his oven was faulty, turned out he had never fitted the inner glass so the oven was never sealed, the outer glass had an inch gap top and bottom 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

hopefully the screwfix option of flu sealant will do the trick

BTW this post is not a wind up if all else fails on xmas day it may well be turkey steaks on the BBQ

Anybody want to borrow a stressed wife cos I have one going absolutely spare at the moment 🙄

Fair comment about the outer door not being needed but alas in my place with 2 dogs we have to take the safe option

Sharki I will give you a ring in the morning thanks buddie

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Come on then, give us a location, I’m sure someone can help!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘HELP PLEASE my cooker door has just fallen off’ is closed to new replies.