Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • !! HELP PLEASE !! (Maverick DUC32 Fork Question)
  • scotty2
    Free Member

Just been out riding my Whtye 46 and noticed the forks getting progressively lower. Got home and checked them – the air pressure I run them at is still correct (90psi) but there was only 100mm of stanchion visible on the fork leg. I pumped them upto 200psi and only 115mm of stanchion was visible, obviously there should be 150mm as they are 6 inch travel forks. They seem to be working fine, not in locked down mode etc. The seals are fine and have not come out or anything. Any tips before I start stripping them down?

Thanks

mboy
    Free Member

Internal air seals leaking, and allowing air to get out of the positive chamber, effectively increasing your negative spring rate possibly?

Not experienced that before myself. Does sound odd, I can't think of anything else that would explain it though. Never had any problems with my DUC's beyond the original crappy oil seals blowing, before I replaced them with the blue ones.

scotty2
    Free Member

Thanks, got the blue seals alright. Your explanation sounds right but I'm not convinced. I did remove the headset for a service at the weekend – just wondering if somehow that's caused it??

mboy
    Free Member

If you're not on MTBR forums, register, and post a thread on there…

This is the Maverick Specific Forum and Ethan, the guy that runs Maverick these days, is often lurking on there and he's a very helpful guy. Obviously, he knows all his products inside out, and he's more than happy to dish out help and advice to Maverick owners from my experience.

Either which way, let us know how you get on… I'm intrigued now!

scotty2
    Free Member

Cheers. That's news to me! For now its spanner time. Off home to see

a) if they've magically cured themselves with 200psi in for 2 hrs, or

b) Remove headset again, read manual, re-assemble according to manual, or

c) strip them down and hopefully release any trapped air, replace any leaking O rings and re-assembe good as new.

Fingers crossed and very glad this didn't happen when I arrived in Scotland with no tools in 2 weeks time!

Craig-Simpson
    Free Member

Did you get the forks back to full travel?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘!! HELP PLEASE !! (Maverick DUC32 Fork Question)’ is closed to new replies.