Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help please! :) Coil Lyriks not getting full travel!
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

So, in the normal scheme of things I tempted fate and lost by talking about how good my coil Lyriks had been….

….now they are proper borked. I’m lucky to get 30-60 mm of travel and I only just manage to get them down to the ‘u’ of u-turn if I really jump on the blighters.

I need them fixed asap as I have a big weekend’s worth of riding planned. I’ll speak to TF in the morning, but was wondering if anyone has any ideas or has experienced this and whether there may be a simple fix?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oil leaked out of the dampers into the bottom of the fork? Dunno if this happens with these forks but it does with some and causes loss of travel

twohats
    Free Member

What TJ said.
    Sounds like the lower o ring in the damper has failed allowing the oil to drop into the lower leg and causing hydraulic lock. New o ring kit and a service will sort it, dead easy to do too.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

are you up here on sunday?

eshershore
    Free Member

“valve seal head” has failed

damper fluid has leaked into the lowers, causing a hydraulic lockout

you will notice if you wind the forks out to full travel, you will get some movement, if you wind them down you will not…

time to take them to your nearest Rockshox dealer, if less than 2 years old you are covered under warranty, its a known problem and one I have dealt with many times, more often on Pikes than Lyric though…

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Thanks all – that’s pretty much what other riding buddies have also said. I am getting some travel when I wind them down though.

I think I’ll just speak to TF and see if I can get them there to be fixed and serviced

🙂

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Just a quick update – spoke to TF the day after posting, and, as always, they were super helpful and recommended trying a lowers service before sending the forks in.

Got the fluid and grease through the post the next day and rode today. The forks are feeling totally awesome again, and back to normal.

So it’s all good.

I am quite dumbfounded how something so small can have such a dramatic effect on fork performance.

coogan
    Free Member

Didn’t realise you were having a problem with them. I serviced mine before the Alps last year and although not getting a small amount of travel yours were, the service alone made them feel superb again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help please! :) Coil Lyriks not getting full travel!’ is closed to new replies.