Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • HELP please – Camera repairs, worth it for a digital compact??
  • racemonkey

Hi

I’ve got a Canon A85 digital compact as recommended on here years ago but it’s now not focussing when zoomed. It sounds like something mechanical’s gone wrong in there.
    I’ve had a look on the Canon website and they list 3 approved repair agents.
    Question is, is it worth repairing or should I get something newer. If new’s the better option what would be a good up to date replacement?

Cheers

racemonkey

kiwijohn

New cameras are cheap
    Repairs are expensive.
    Unless you still have a warranty, buy a new one. There are millions out there.

snowslave

I had my canon ixus 70 fixed for something like £100. Cost of a newer model of the same camera on amazon was only £120. I only bothered getting it fixed cos amazon offered me some dosh towards the repair.

Hardly worth the bother of repairing compared with getting a new one in most cases I reckon?

cynic-al
    Free Member

yup especially for one that old.

great camera though.

racemonkey

I think I guessed as much. Just wanted to hear someone else say the same.

Shame really as I liked the camera and the ability to play with the settings.

Any suggestions for a replacement with similar features would be great.

Cheers

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Newer version of the same camera? I read a review of what I presumed to be the up to date model of that range, and it still did well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘HELP please – Camera repairs, worth it for a digital compact??’ is closed to new replies.