Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Help… out of warranty frame has cracked.
  • seany_e_boy
    Free Member

Looks like my frame has cracked on the seat tube. The warranty ended last year. Iv contacted lapierre but no response yet.

Am i f**ked?

I had the rear triangle repaired in 2012 after i found some cracking on two welds, so not too happy today.

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

[/url]IMG_20160604_131704030 by seany_e_boy, on Flickr[/img]

nwmlarge
    Free Member

If you have already repaired it then i would say def no

tenfoot

I’ll be watching this with interest, as I have a crack along one of the welds on the rear triangle of my 2011 Zesty.

I’ll be checking the seat post later!

woody2000

Odd looking crack? Get a big jubilee clip round it and ride on. Be reet 😉

P-Jay
    Free Member

Assume you’re sue it’s a crack in the frame and not just the paint? I seem to recall that they did that on that era Lapierre.

I don’t suspect they’ll help you much though, most bike co. consider 5 years to be the life of bikes these days.

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

No im not totally sure it is a crack but it is definatley seeing some fatigue in that area.

Ill update if i get a result.

I have informed the mrs though to say there may be a new arrival soon. 😀

amedias
    Free Member

Am i f**ked?

The warranty ended last year

+

lapierre.

= most likely, but give them a chance, how long ago did you contact them?

chakaping
    Free Member

It must have had a decent innings if you last repaired it four years ago?

Assuming it was out of warranty then too?

franksinatra

I had a Stumpy with a crack in the frame and for all I know it could have been there for years. I only noticed it when I cleaned the bike. Once I knew it was there, it was a problem.

I keep saying this, if you want to enjoy riding your bike, don’t bloody clean it!

nickjb
    Free Member

As above funny place for a crack. Is that where the end of the seatpost is? Maybe a longer seatpost will buy a few more miles.

njee20
    Free Member

+1 on a frame repaired 4 years ago is presumably getting on a bit, either repair again (looks easy enough) or bin.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Are the UK importers of Lapierre Hotlines? I had a Ghost AMR (econd hand) and the rear swingarm snapped, Hotlines were pretty good and gave me one from a second hand frame they had in the warehouse. Might be worth speaking to them.

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

The previous repair was done under warranty. (the back end was completley replaced)

Exactly what i thought regarding where the seatpost ends. Ill check when i get chance.

Only contacted Lapierre today but no response yet.

I found it during its first good clean in ages so Franksinatra, you are probably right, ignorance is bliss.

psycorp
    Free Member

Not wishing to increase your misery OP but is that a crack underneath the weld on the swingarm pivot on the right of the picture, or is it just left over dirt?

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

A

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

Yeah just leftover dirt. I will double check though

orangespyderman

It’s not dirt. I was praying it was dirt.

Yeah just leftover dirt. I will double check though

seany – are you in 2 minds about this?

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

I misread the comment. 🙁

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Help… out of warranty frame has cracked.’ is closed to new replies.