Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help – Oil Leaking from Pike 454 Air Forks
  • Carbis

All,

After a long weekend riding at GT / Innerleithen I have found oil leaking from the top of the travel adjust leg of my Pike 454 Air U-Turns.

Has anyone else on here experienced this problem?

The Forks are about 6 months post purchase but have been ridden only about 10 times due to being bought while recovering from knee surgery.

Is it a back to the shop job or off to TFT to sort at my cost?

A bit annoyed as I was going to spend the days post shed errecting in the Peaks but might have to put that off now.

Any advice will be welcome.

Paul

PS 4 days of sun and biking in Scotland at Easter woo hoo!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Shop – have a read of the sale of goods act and remember that supersedes any manufacturers warranty.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Its a shop warranty issue – take the bike back to the shop and they should sort it out for you – My old forks developed play a few years ago a few months after buying the whole bike – the forks went off to the service centre and back again at not cost to me. Good luck 😉

retro83
    Free Member

I don’t understand how they can really leak from under there, there should only be a tiny bit of oil in the air chambers to keep the seals sweet

Jimbo
    Free Member

According to TF (in the Rockshox FAQ page) the U-Turn adjuster isn’t particularly well-sealed, made worse if the bike is kept upside-down 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

According to TF (in the Rockshox FAQ page) the U-Turn adjuster isn’t particularly well-sealed, made worse if the bike is kept upside-down

Yes, but I thought that only applied to the coil forks, would the air forks not lose pressure if they could leak oil from there?

littlebear
    Free Member

Seals is seals! My dual air forks leaked oil from the top right leg where the valve was, but lost no pressure. It was just a case of re seating the internal seal (under warranty) After the warranty fix, if you have any spare cash, give TF tuned a call and get the seals and bushings replaced. It will be like riding a different fork!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help – Oil Leaking from Pike 454 Air Forks’ is closed to new replies.