Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help needed: sanctuary sought
  • Poopsies
    Free Member

I've had a pretty shit old life recently and yesterday I came to a decision that, in many ways, means my future is never going to be what I want it to be. I'm not ill, dying or anything (thankfully) but am pretty unhappy about my future all the same.

So, while I have the chance I want to get away for a few days camping and running with the dog and reconcile myself to a few things.

So, can anyone recommend a good spot to camp within about 2hrs drive of New Mills (Derbyshire) that will take dogs? Preferably somewhere that makes you feel glad to be alive….

Any advice much appreciated.

dan1980
    Free Member

How about the campsite at the end of the Kinder road up through Hayfield?

There's some good bike trails around there, and some good running over the tops

http://www.multimap.com/s/SyGsKXAi

samuri
    Free Member

Hope or Edale have a wealth of rather nice campsites with great pubs and scope for running.

Here you go, fieldhead is nice, I've stopped there a couple of times and they do allow dogs.

Much closer than two hours drive from New MIlls though.
    http://www.fieldhead-campsite.co.uk/

Have you always lived there?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Lyn Gwynant campsite – Snowdonia.
    Right under Snowdon if you fancy a walk/run
    Access to the lake for a swim/paddle
    You can have a campfire in the evening (they provide fire baskets and wood)
    And it's very chilled atmosphere.
    You can walk along the Lake on the shore opposite the road to the rock which is a great place to sit and think.

Poopsies
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies – I was hoping to get away from the area so Dolgellau or Snowdon sound spot on. I'll run the dog up the Llanberis Path – should sort her out.

Samuri – lived there for aout 6 years. We've spoken about it before when I posted under a different name. I used to live on White Road which I think is close to where you used to live?

samuri
    Free Member

yes yes, I remember now. Cowburn drive, the next road up. Sorry to hear things aren't going well. hope you get the space you need.

StuF

I know you're looking for something a bit further away but this is a lovely little campsite if you like things basic.

Barracks Farm Caravaning & Camping Site
    Beresford Dale, Hartington, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 0HQ
    Tel: 01298 84261

joemarshall
    Free Member

The campsite in Llanberis just above the youth hostel is nice, it lets you have fires. If you are not worried about being slightly cheeky, you can walk footpaths across to the waterfalls, go up above the big waterfall 300m and then cross the river and over a field and you're on the Llanberis path, just by a fantastic little cafe run by a crazy Welshman that is well worth a visit for the lovely scones.

Although Llyn Gwynant is a bit more secluded and is lovely too.

Joe

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help needed: sanctuary sought’ is closed to new replies.