Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help, need heating oil (west midlands)
  • astura
    Free Member

I’m moving house tomorrow, the place I’m buying has very little oil left in the tank. I need to top it up just to get me through till Tuesday, can anyone advise where I can go to get some heating oil kerosene 28??

We are desperate! Around either West Midlands or Shropshire

jonnyrobertson

http://www.oakleysfueloils.co.uk/heating-oil-delivery-areas/home-heating-oil-shropshire/

Try these chaps. With heating oil orders though it’s a minimum of 500 liters and they may not be able to deliver in the timescale you’re looking at but that would go with pretty much any oil supplier. As for just popping out for a few jerrycans worth of the stuff though to tide you over, I’m really not sure you’d be able to do that. Feel free to prove me very wrong though 🙂

br
    Free Member

Some garages sell it by the litre, may be your only way – google.

sharkbait
    Free Member

How about not running the heating – ours is pretty much off now. I’m sure you’ll have an immersion for hot water.
    You could also have a look in the tank and see how much is there – we use about 11L/day during the winter.
    Don’t let it run out though unless you want to become well acquainted with bleeding the pump (don’t ask me how I know….. but I’m good at it now!)

parkesie
    Free Member

Boilerjuice are good for finding best price or fastest delivery.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Boilerjuice are good for finding best price or fastest delivery.

To be honest you’re much better off finding out who the local suppliers are and dealing with them direct, this way you are more likely to get an emergency delivery if the need arrises – I’ve always got a better price than boilerjuice could come up with. Their website is handy for quickly seeing the price trend which helps when planning when to buy.

br
    Free Member

To be honest you’re much better off finding out who the local suppliers are and dealing with them direct, this way you are more likely to get an emergency delivery if the need arrises – I’ve always got a better price than boilerjuice could come up with. Their website is handy for quickly seeing the price trend which helps when planning when to buy.

This.

We’ve two local suppliers, and when we’re down to 200 litres (its a 1200 litre tank) I just call them both up and ask the price.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Boiler juice pray on the lazy

They are no where near the cheapest they are just resellers

Local suppliers all trump boiler juice – guess who makes the delivery and everyone wants a cut !

astura
    Free Member

We’re pretty desperate for oil now, any body supply a good emergency contact for the oil

trail_rat
    Free Member

Openyellowpges make phone call , ask for 25 litre drums

br
    Free Member
    paul4stones

Our local agricultural suppliers allow you to fill a 25 litre can. Ask or yellow pages.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help, need heating oil (west midlands)’ is closed to new replies.