Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Help needed from the STW bargain hunters!
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

For some reason the majority of the STW’ers seem to be able to find better deals than me (I see soooooo many posts saying ‘look at these they are a bargain!’), so….

The challenge is…..PLEASE help me find a wheelset?? But I am looking for the BEST deal for around £300/400 and it must be able to stand up to my weight (14.5st), be ‘All Mountain’ (nothing to flimsy) & as light as I can get with the two previous in mind.

To give you some idea of my though process – I have looked at NoTubes Flows on Pro II and these come within the price, but are there any REAL bargains out there I am missing?

I have been looking for 3 days and nothing! 🙁

RealMan
    Free Member

I have looked at NoTubes Flows on Pro II and these come within the price

Buy them for the cheapest you can find them.

Drac
    ltheisinger
    Free Member

RealMan – Member

Buy them for the cheapest you can find them.

Are they really that good? 😕

vinnyeh

The machine built Hope Hoops are the bargain. Try pricing the same hub, rim and db spokes for a custom build.
    Until the Hope’s came along Flows were a real niche rim because of the cost of buying them for a custom build.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

superstar are doing a some real good deals ATM
    superstar!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

if you can wait wiggle always have a wheel sale. if you get hoops then, bought seperatly so you can use 2 5 off 50 vouchers, and go through topcashback for further ‘cash back’ it works out very cheap indeed.

as above hoops are excellent… and i’ll happily build my own wheels so was very sceptical when i first bought a pair. and the only reason i did was that i could’nt get the components anywhere near for the price i paid.

so anyway i recently changed tyres on my oldest pair, DT4.2 rims, and thought i’d check to see if they needed truing (had’nt looked at them in 2 years), and they were spot on. and for most of their life i’ve been around 16 1/2 st.

ash.addy
    Free Member

Didn’t someone on the for sale section have a set of CK hubs laced to 823’s for between 350 – 400

this_wreckage
    Free Member

How about these? Fulcrum

Or these at the lower end of the budget? More Fulcrum!

I just ordered these to beef the bike up, probably not most peoples bag!

Northwind

I’d definately be going Pro 2 on Flows, they really are a great deal.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

this_wreckage – Member

How about these? Fulcrum

I like them! (they are light too!) Do you know if they come in a 20mm version?

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Hmm, the models they have state 15mm so maybe not? Fulcrum’s website seems to suggest that they support QR or 15mm. No mention of 20mm though.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Hmmm wheelpro website says:-

I no longer offer custom wheelbuilding, I only sell Hope Hoops made by Hope Technology.

and
    Crest and Flow Hope Hoops out of stock and non (sic) on order. I am no longer selling Hope Hoops.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Nicknoxx – Member

Hmmm wheelpro website says:-

I no longer offer custom wheelbuilding, I only sell Hope Hoops made by Hope Technology.
    and
    Crest and Flow Hope Hoops out of stock and non (sic) on order. I am no longer selling Hope Hoops.

I found that as well – so I assume they are no longer available from them?

But I’ve just found these (and I want red hubs too!)…

Red Pro II on Flows

VERY tempted!

nuke

From another thread, Stanley’s are selling Hoops with Flow off for £235 a set…
    http://www.stanleyfearns.co.uk/sale.html

ltheisinger
    Free Member

nuke – Member

From another thread, Stanley’s are selling Hoops with Flow off for £235 a set…
    http://www.stanleyfearns.co.uk/sale.html

Nice one! Cheers! 😀

neilforrow

Wiggle are doing a 600£ dy Swiss wheel
    Set for £205 at the mo. Only thing is the rear is a 135x12mm but that’s easily sorted

mudpup
    Free Member

American Classic 26 Tubeless Disc
    sub 1500grms a pair and £329 – £400 if you hunt around.
    200/300grms lighter than the trendy Hope packages around at the mo’ and tough as old boots

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Help needed from the STW bargain hunters!’ is closed to new replies.