Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Help – monopoly argument needs resolving…
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

We’re playing monopoly and a big argument has started up…

Scenario is my mate got Park Lane, then I got Mayfair.

We decided to go into a Joint Venture – meaning we invest the same and share the rental income. Now have two houses on each and have been sharing the income.

However our wives seem very annoyed at this as my mates wife landed on Mayfair the next go and its changed the course of the game…

I don’t think there is anything wrong with joint ventures in Monopoly, what do you think????

crikey
    Free Member

I suspect that you both need to have a look at the rules, then accept that you are wrong and give all the money to the wives, unless you really want to sleep with him…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

If you all agree with the rules before the game/event no bother. I am not sure that joint ventures are in the original rules though, if you two decided it was fine and no-one else agreed then you sirs, are cheats!
    It is just a game though 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have never heard of joint ventures in Monopoly. Check the rules but I think you cheated

aP
    Free Member

You have 2 choices, carry on like this, win and sleep in the back garden until the autumn, or admit you were wrong.

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

the first rule of monopoly is that everyone has their own “special” rules

the second rule is it will end in tears

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Its a really old version and we’ve lost the rules, so we’ve been using the rules of basic capitalism and created a shell company in the Bahamas to be tax efficient!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Google is your friend

HOUSES
    Top of Page

When a player owns all the properties in a colour-group they may buy houses from the Bank

crikey
    Free Member

It will certainly make sex more efficient in that you will only have to please yourself if you carry on….
    She’s won, they always do, accept it with grace and you might get away with it.

Stoner
    Free Member

dotn forget to offset the cost of house building against your income tax demand.

JVs are fine. Problems start when you are having to deal with compound mezzanine finance calculations each go after you took out that loan from your brother to buy the last Leicester Square to give you the yellow set….

samuri
    Free Member

Generally, I find my wife wins most arguments because I want to keep having sex with her. You might want to think along the same lines.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

The rules don’t say you can or can’t do JVs but they are so common in the real world I don’t see what the problem is (except for the future lack of sex)

crikey
    Free Member

Think of it like this;

She’s the boss because she lets you do rude things to her. So give up now or …well there really isn’t an or is there?

wellhung
    Free Member

Maybe ask your JV partner if he wants to be the rider or not cause it’s sounds like you two will be needing to sort this out. 😛

Bushwacked
    Free Member

We’ve been married for far too long and are really enjoying getting our own back on our wives for years of pain and suffering they’ve given us…
    Leads to the dark side you know!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

When a player owns all the properties in a colour-group they may buy houses from the Bank

seems pretty clear to me

Junkyard
    Free Member

not within the rules and stretching a point I think

dave_aber
    Free Member

stretching a point

that’s the only thing he’ll be stretching tonight then….

Junkyard
    Free Member

he may be stretching it but the wife wont 😆

SST
    Free Member

Are you and your special friend merely “co-habiting” or are you going for the full civil ceremony?

😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

LOL – No – just friends!
    Honest

molgrips
    Free Member

IIRC the last paragraph in the rule says that you can also use whatever house rules are agreed upon. House rules meaning specific to the people playing, not as pertaining to actual houses in the game.

I’d say you’re ok with joint ventures. It’s called Monopoly FFS it’s meant to be a simulation of business. And as we have all found out over the years, businesses will do anything that’s not specifically banned 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Help – monopoly argument needs resolving…’ is closed to new replies.