Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • help me STW , your my only hope – bike size from an image! %-)
  • back2basics
    Free Member

can anyone give me (somehow!) the height of the seat from the crank, the height of the bars from the ground, distance from seat post to bars, and the frame dimensions from this image :

link to original

may the force be with you if you can….

Gotama
    Free Member

If you know what model it is then the chainstay length will be consistent across the size range so you can use that as a basis to work out the seattube and then get the rest of the data from the scott website?

Daffy

Gotama
    Free Member

Guesstimate at M/54 based on the Scott website which seems to run pretty consistent across the range. Or M/53 if it’s a female specific model.

http://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/products/238324022/SCOTT-Addict-30-Bike/

back2basics
    Free Member

great Gotoma

i actually have the bottle in that cage, so i could try and determine seat height from that ….

back2basics
    Free Member

ok so bottle give me apx crank center-seat top 72cm using crude MS PAINT cut and paste…

from linky above from Gotama its a 55cm top tube
    52.5cm bb to seat tube top

couple of spacers i would guess on that handlebar?
    0 degree rise?
    100mm stem, looks short to me….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get a rule on your screen and scale it up.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I’ve gotta say, the only time I have agreed with cynical

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I would have taken a similar approach but used the wheel diameter as known measurement.

swanny853

used the wheel diameter as known measurement

This

everyone
    Free Member

This is all assuming the bike is perfectly parallel with the plane of the camera. It’s rapidly going from finger in the air, bit of a squint guesswork to reaching into your magic bag of possible numbers!

back2basics
    Free Member

thanks for all your …useful.. input – the bike is not perfectly straight on to the camera – but most of its sorted out i think now !

Duffer
    Free Member

back2basics
    Free Member

whats you’re point duffer

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘help me STW , your my only hope – bike size from an image! %-)’ is closed to new replies.