• This topic has 56 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by murf.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Help me spend my inheritance
  • crankboy
    Free Member

The thing I really want to own is a picture of a tree. It was painted by my mother , the tree is the one my dad’s ashes were scattered under. She painted it after his death and gave it to his best friend whose wife returned it to her on his death.
    Obviously you won’t have something like that to hand but comisioning a simple watercolor of something poignant would be a real emotional investment.

crankboy
    Free Member

Either that or a new bike.

Basil

Won’t use up your inheritance but you could guerilla garden and plant some trees in places,not just your current garden. Watch them grow and think of your grandparent when you see them.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

You can buy a very nice watch for £1k, but look away from the well known brands…

Stowa Marine Original

badgerbater
    Free Member

Definitely a round the world ticket, you may find something that inspires you on the other side of the world! As has been said, the memories will last a lifetime.

Trekster

Watch or camera equipment for me….
    Daughter would go mental if I spent that on a bit of art, something she studied but fails to see or understand the values put on pieces of art(paintings) However she refused a considerable sum when offered for some of her creations due to what they meant to her. The person wanting to buy was taking to someone else in France.

martymac

i bought a full suspension bike, ive barely done 500 miles on it in the last 2 years, but i enjoy it every time i use it.
    also, i think my grandad would have sort of expected that.
    i had 3k, not really enough to invest in anything, i did consider a custom frame, but tbh, when i had the cash i knew what i wanted to do with it.

seadog101

See if there’s some sort of local art exhibition for young up and coming talent (art college type of thing?). Get whatever you like the look of. Never know you could be getting a piece of work by someone who will be worth millions, or a picture you like and will always keep.

Daffy

a Telescope?

dantsw13

How about a nice case of whiskey to put away as an investment?

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

A nice wall clock for the house?

Or a massive dildo?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Agree. Mackem is ‘da man’ for today.
    Wonky donky a very close runner up.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Really? I thought they were both in pretty poor taste.

johndoh
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Watch is a good idea, don’t feel obliged to spend £1k if you can find something you really like at £500
    POSTED 10 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I had the same issue after losing both parents. Was going to spunk loads on a TAG then, when I realised how much they cost to look after, bought a Citizen Eco-Drive on offer in Argos. It keeps perfect time, I don’t need to be precious about it, I wear it all the time including in water yet it still reminds me of them.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Seiko Tuna, or a Sinn.

Something vintage, I’ve picked up vintage electronic and quartz Omegas for not much (relatively) money.

I wear all my watches, expensive (to me, probably not to others!), and rare and the cheaper ones, no point in owning them otherwise.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Much smaller treat to remind me of my Little Grandma but I still use it and think of her, a really nice hip flask with a collapsible cup that presses into the side.

murf
    Free Member

I was in a similar position and bought myself a Gibson Flying V. It’s a timeless design, a work of art (to me!), practical ( as long as you play guitar) and even if I gave up and never played again it would still look great hanging on the wall 🙂

That, my steel Kona that I bought new and a couple of watches given to me as gifts are the only things I’m a bit sentimental about and will never sell.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Help me spend my inheritance’ is closed to new replies.