Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help me spec my new bandit 29, anybody seen any bargains out there?
  • pguy78
    Free Member

Have a bandit 29 2013 frame winging its way to me. Looking at forks and wheels to complete the build. Think I have the drivetrain sorted with the £210 Slx group set from Merlin. Current thinking is fox ctd fit 120 forks, mainly due to the fact I have always had fox forks, is there anything else about I should be considering. Wheels have me totally baffled I had hope pro2 on mavics on my old hustler. I need a 135×12 rear and would like tubeless rims. Beyond that I am open to recommendations. Have a budget of around £500 for the wheels and forks if that helps so think they may need to be a mix of old and new. I have looked at the usually suspected Merlin,crc, bike discount-de. Anywhere I am missing?

DT78
    Free Member

I’d spend a little more on the fork. I quite like the new RS forks I’ve tried on mates bikes.

Wheels wise, I’d go for dt Swiss 350 (or 240 if you want to save 50g and spend more) on light bicycle rims.

scandal42
    Free Member

Superstar for wheels, 15% off custom builds this month.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Just be aware that my 2012 Bandit is 142×12 at the back!
    Bike Scene had 140 Fox 34 for £350-I’ve got them on mine and really like them.
    Can’t see you getting forks and carbon rimmed wheels for £500
    Cheers
    Steve

pguy78
    Free Member

I have checked with the bike shop who have told me its a 135/12 rear, I know transition do replacement dropout kits to change it to 145/12 if needs be. Not that fussed on carbon rims. The spec for the bandit 29 2013 is 120 front. is your 2012 a 26 or 29?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d look for a Reba or Revelation with decent damping, sorry I’m not up to date with what all the letters mean nowadays.

If you want new wheels – Superstar Tech 4 wheelsets are a good budget option, bombproof and not overly heavy.

Or if you want something a bit more fancy go secondhand, like (cough) this lovely set…
    http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1771147/

😉

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Mine is a 29er-up to -140 front 130 rear
    Cheers
    Steve

pguy78
    Free Member

Cheers chakaping but a bit too bling for me. Will check out superstar though

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help me spec my new bandit 29, anybody seen any bargains out there?’ is closed to new replies.