Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Help me sleep (New frame tomorrow)
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I feel like a kid waiting for christmas day.

Im off down to Cotic to pick up my new BFe frame and i just can't wait. And i finally get to see the Gritstone frame up close. Tomorrow is gonna be fun as i get to start the build process again.

Anyone else got any new toys due tomorrow.

tang
    Free Member

you wont sleep till youve built it!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

true, gotta say a big thanks to cy and paul at Cotic for all the help and e-mails whilst i chose the frame and options.

Good customer service will always keep me coming back.

kelvin

You are really chomping at the bit, aren't you?! = ;87)

ps. it's going to look mint

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha Kelvin, if you knew holw long i've beem after this frame you'd understand.

Houns

Spotted one in 18 Bikes last weekend, very nice

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I just got my new Love/ Hate frame today…

I can relate to your giddiness..

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

oooh love/hate frame. I hope pics will be following?

baronspudulike
    Free Member

You won't be able to sleep tonight just accept it, also you'll be up tomorrow until however late it takes you to complete building it up, so maybe little sleep tomorrow too!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Looking forward to the pics. I have the final bits for the rebuild of my Inbred coming tomorrow (hopefully) but now I'm not sure I want to build it back up after all . . . fancy something a little more beefy so I may just spend the weekend looking at a pile of spanky new bits and searching ebay 🙄

sv

Well is it built yet 😆

sv

Oh Mama you 'have' to rebuild the nicest looking inbred on STW!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I slept, well I rolled about. Now I just need a few hours to pass and the postman to deliver my new carbon seatpost.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It's here and it's stunning, the reflective decals look so good under the flash. Pics of frame to follow.

ken_shields
    Free Member

FFS can you hurry up and get it built. I checked this thread this morning and was disappointed then 🙄

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

here you go, not built but some with and without camera flash. I went for the normal cotic wrap too:-

Its a really nice satin black, really dark and looks amazing. I couldn't be more pleased.

Enjoy.

Without Flash

With Flash

and just one of the frame with wrap

juiced
    Free Member

mamadirt how about one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MTB-FRAME-Da-Bomb-XLR8R-14-Blue-Dual-Slalom-/400059753274?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item5d256b633a

BARGAIN.

Not sure of tt length but Chain Reaction has a geometry guide on it.A

Nice Cotic btw.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i love it, tonight im gonna be a busy lad, best tell the girlfriend not to disturb me!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Looks nice.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh, looking good – hurry up and get it built.

sv – Member

Oh Mama you 'have' to rebuild the nicest looking inbred on STW!

Well I have all the bits now in a box beside me but still have a yearning for something more 4X-esque. I seem to have developed a bit of a dislike for singlespeeding too over the last year or so 😳 . . . there, I said it.

Juiced, I rang the shop about those XLR8R frames a couple of days ago. Decals are removeable and despite the ebay listings they only have orange left. Not a problem as I'm a sucker for orange but I'm still waiting for a pic – said they'd email me one.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

im building it as we speak, just about to install the BB.

mboy
    Free Member

My God you're slow at building bikes, it's been more than 3 hours since you posted the pics of the frame only up!

WHERE IS IT? 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

What's the finish like on the frame? I assume it is a bit hammerite 🙂

Mboy – My God you're slow at building bikes, it's been more than 3 hours since you posted the pics of the frame only up!

WHERE IS IT?

Hold on M-Boy – didn't you get your BFe last Saturday – where are your photos? 😆

mboy
    Free Member

Hold on M-Boy – didn't you get your BFe last Saturday – where are your photos?

Hahaha, yup! I'm still deciding whether to go 2×9 or 1×9 though (if 1×9 I'll need to order a chain device), and I need to come get my stem back off you… Which links in nicely to the fact I've been holed up in bed, with the lurgi for the last 3 days! 😐

So as and when it's done (soon I hope), it'll appear…

Gotta be said, of the 2 new colours, I'm liking the blue more… That Gritstone is just a touch not quite right to me. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I think if it was blacker, a proper Matt Black even, I'd like it more! Could make the ultimate Stealth Bomber of a bike then, as all my components going on are black or charcoal grey (Saint cranks and XTR mech).

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nice looking frame.

Saw a BFe in Copenhagen station last week and had to stop the guy and have a chat about it. Nice grey frame with green Chris King bling, lovely.

Have fun with the build

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Mboy – your stem is sat on my stairs as I type this ready for pick up. You coming Sunday?

mboy
    Free Member

Mboy – your stem is sat on my stairs as I type this ready for pick up. You coming Sunday?

Cool

Still intending to come Sunday, always was… Will totally depend how I feel though…

Now then MoseyMTB, this has been more than 4 hours since you went off to build the bike! Where on earth is it? 😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

mboy, i've realised i made an error and didnt buy more outer cable. The rear mech is full outer from the toptube.

Here it is thrown together with the 115mm forks and a mix of slx and xt drivetrain and brand new xt brakes.

Not shorten the brake hoses yet cos i'll do it in the daylight tomorrow.

The finish by the way is a matt/satin black. You need to see it in the flesh.

and mid build

will that do till tomorrow. lol

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

oh and the red grips are going too.

i can not wait to take this out. Although its a bit of an xc set-up now it will have 120-130 forks on and stronger rims.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

the scratch remover is for the car not the bike lol.

mboy
    Free Member

Although its a bit of an xc set-up now

Was gonna say that at the mo the component setup looks like it would be much more at home on a Soul than a BFe…

Reckon that when I've built mine up (borrowing most of the bits off my Giant Reign X) it'll be the "beefiest" BFe I'll have seen yet… Fox 36's (though may be replaced by Pikes nicked off my mate), old Saint Cranks, KS i900 height adjustable seatpost, Mavic 521 rims on DT FR440 hubs, Raceface Diabolus 710mm bars, a 60mm stem, 2.35-2.5" tyres, and my old XT 4 pot brakes. Should be VERY "BFe"! 😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

mine is my do everything bike so i probably wont change too much, just the forks to be honest.

i need it to be light enough for trail days but strong enough to point down things.

In terms of the soul i just thought the BFe would be class for everything.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Looks nice but looking forward to seeing it built up fully – why didn't you go for the other decal on the downtube?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Just really like the wrap. And thought it would make it mine, you know just a bit different. I love the reflective decals too though.

Now I just need to find some nice long travel forks that I can afford.

Those toenails are fookin disgusting….

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha that's exactly what the mrs just said. I never notice how long they get and then she goes mad.

I find long nails help with balance . Although sometimes I do take my short nails for a spin.

Sammo
    Free Member

Got a BFe coming on monday! I went for the blue, but the gritstone looks ace aswell

sv

Very nice (finally!). Enjoy.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Good to see those brakes at a good position.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Brake levers are not attached yet, I'm gonna bleed them so no point fixing them yet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Help me sleep (New frame tomorrow)’ is closed to new replies.