• This topic has 64 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Help me prove iPhone is better than android to my wife…
  • CountZero

They’re cool. Which is a good enough reason for buying one if you’re in your twenties.

Once you’re into your thirties though, you’d hope people would be grown up enough to realise that a cheaper, more refined Android device is what they should be buying. An iPhone doesn’t look so cool in the hands of a balding, middle aged bloke who can’t fit into his skinny jeans any more…..
    You clearly work for the Daily Mail. 🙄
    Who gives a shit about ‘cool’, it’s a sodding smartphone. Bloke I work with has a Sony with Android, it’s been causing him so many problems over the last couple of weeks, battery drops dramatically and it gets hot, he took it back, had the OS updated, battery still drops dramatically 20-30% over a couple of hours.

I wouldn’t even contemplate a phone where i couldn’t change the battery in seconds.
    The first thing apple people do when they enter a room is look where the plugs are so they can charge their phones.
    There they sit, scrunched up against the wall deciding if they prefer drinking their coffee or looking at their phone.
    Meanwhile I sit there with an ability that must surely have been beamed from the future, drinking and single tracking all at the same time.

Well, you’re going to be shit out of luck before long, because fewer and fewer smartphones will be available with swappable batteries, in the same way that headphone sockets will disappear.
    I can’t say I’ve ever noticed anyone desperately searching for somewhere to charge their phones, but then, I don’t hang out in places that have USB ports built into the walls so that the terminally tragic can spend the entire evening communing with the sodding internet instead of each other.
    People don’t actually carry a wallwart around with them, do they?
    I actually carry a large powerpack, but that’s just in case I find myself driving a car with no USB and a duff 12v aux or 12v adaptor, which has happened a couple of times, because using satnav for two to three hours really does eat the battery.

Drac

so that the terminally tragic can spend the entire evening communing with the sodding internet instead of each other.

Said the man on an internet forum.

DickBarton

I’ve already given my sensible answer (they aren’t any better or worse), so I’ll go for the humour now –

There will be a way to do it.

Yes, get rid of the Whyphone and get an Android device!

scaredypants

Am i alone in thinking that cars shouldn’t display things like text messages etc?

No

That’s not how it works.

I can’t envisage a safe way of a driver receiving and sending texts whilst moving

Drac

I can’t envisage a safe way of a driver receiving and sending texts whilst moving

It can read them on a voice command, you can’t return one.

slowoldman

The first thing apple people do when they enter a room is look where the plugs are so they can charge their phones.

Odd this. Mine lasts all day. usually over 50% left when I get home from work.

zippykona

I’m assuming you are not a teenage girl.

slowoldman

Indeed. I use it, not vice versa.

mikertroid
    Free Member

My 3 month old iPhone SE has to ‘Reload’ every ‘web page due to a problem’ all of a sudden.

My ageing iPad does this. My work android phone which is bottom of the ring stuff, doesn’t.

I’m starting to get very fed up with Apple products.

Pyro

It can read them on a voice command, you can’t return one

One of the Skodas I test drove earlier this year could. Visual display of your texts and the option to reply using the touch screen.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One of the Skodas I test drove earlier this year could. Visual display of your texts and the option to reply using the touch screen.

Sounds dangerous.
    As a result phones and charging nexus here that lasts all day with good use. Only time I have trouble is when I’m on the phone, music and GPS all day which is fair enough. But then it charges fully in under an hour.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

It can read them on a voice command, you can’t return one

Why not just pull over and reply safely? I will warn you that some folks might get a bit stroppy if they think you’re deliberately trying to prevent them from getting a free parking space in a residential street while they go shopping.
    Perhaps the reply on the move Skoda is a better option.

Drac

That is silly.

Why not just pull over and reply safely?

Quick patent your genius idea.

oink1
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    iPhones are dreadful. I honestly don’t understand why they have such a following.

really??

A cheaper, more refined Android device is what they should be buying[/b]

Haha! 😆

joebristol

Until a month ago I’d had android for about 4.5 years. Swapped to an iPhone 6s as an early upgrade as my Samsung A3 was driving me up the wall. Prior to that I’d had a Samsung galaxy s2 for years. The s2 was good until it stared flowing down big time in the 3rd year of having it. The A3 was ok ish for a year, but after that it started getting glitches and the battery just wasn’t lasting. I went for the A3 as it was fairly small compared to the s5 or whatever the top phone was at the time. I was planning to get the new A3 2016 or an iPhone se for the size. However the se was too small screen wise.

So far I think the iPhone is better than the android phones I’ve had – although it still has annoying things about it. Mainly where Apple force you to do things you wouldn’t ideally do / the phone doing things without you asking it to.

sbd16v
    Free Member

The biggest thing android has going for itself is also its biggest downfall, the fact its multi manufacture means you can get some cracking phones from some manufactures and some truly shocking ones from others.

But generally instead of blaming the manufacture when an android device is poor its just another crap android device.

apple for years have felt better in the hand than andriod devices that have alwasy felt a little less ”quality”.

But for me samsung have nailed the S7 it feels like a quality product, good battery life the latest android os feels really good and the camera knocks spots off the newest apple.

unfortunately as i said there are still crap android phones being released which brings the name down.

zippykona

I wish it was easier to connect my galaxy to my laptop and transfer music over without having to take the chip out.
    Have tried loads of different ways .
    There was one way Thats just like iTunes but it cost 30 dollars. I don’t like the google play app as it can’t download a lot of my files and I don’t want pictures of who is singing the song just a big list of the artists.
    Having said that apple have buggered up iTunes on the iPhones. The 4 we use at the shop has a much simpler way of doing stuff. The 4s at home is unusable in comparison.

Houns

I’ve been an Android user and fan since the early days of it and have had various HTC’s and Samsung’s, I didn’t really get the fuss of iPhones and just thought they were expensive fashion symbols.

However, my last phone, a HTC M9 was that dire (Not Androids fault) that I paid the contract off early and a couple of weeks ago I took delivery of a iPhone 7+

So why didn’t I choose another Android phone? Well apart from calls/texts/browsing I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The phones I’ve had previously have been extremely varied with camera quality, again not Androids fault. All the pictures I see taken with an iPhone have constantly been good.

So, two weeks in and I have no complaints with the iPhone. The OS is no better or no worse than Android

Edit.

Yes one thing that does annoy me with it, I can’t charge it whilst listening to music through the earphones (unless I buy a splitter dongle thingy or those ridiculous wireless things)

retro83
    Free Member

30 years then. Not bad.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Being the owner of an iPhone and an Android phone I believe I’m brilliantly placed to help you.

My conclusion is that Andriod phones are awesome. iPhones are hateful pieces of crap.

Whilst being a very concise summary of my feelings towards my portable telephones, its entirely justified. I’m not sure how a small item of electronic wizzardry can annoy me as much as my iPhone does. Its a work one so I don’t even pay for it but I cannot think of a single positive thing it offers over Android.

HTH

matt_outandabout

We have both in OAB household.

Our Motorola phones have been ace. Reliable, fast, great value.
    Mrs_oab had a Galaxy ace that she never really got with, it just felt too ‘Samsung’ over android. Oldest_oab has a cheaper Sony that now refuses any other app as the Sonyfication of Android uses so much space… Awful.
    Mrs_oab now has 5s, and while slick and nice, has some real frustrations. One a week it refuses to send texts, until you restart. It sometimes freezes when trying to answer calls. Not great.

So none are better IMO. I think manufacturer overlay, android version and build quality is more important – and Apples fixation on locking me into products is frustrating.

Nico
    Free Member

Christ, its clunky. She hates it after 2 months because everything is just so ‘unslick’ (I know that’s not a word, but struggling to find a way to explain how amateurish the thing is)

Ask Siri?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ask Siri?

It’s almost become a sport watching my housemate trying to ask siri anything these days…

Cougar

a HTC M9 was that dire

What was up with it, out of interest?

Houns

Camera was crap straight from the box, ended up becoming useless as had black spots appear (Even took it all apart to clean the lens) also started crashing a fair amount

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Help me prove iPhone is better than android to my wife…’ is closed to new replies.