Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
  • fairydust
    Free Member

Hi – Please could you help me. I am looking to buy a bike stand for my boyfriend as a present, but don’t know what is good. I cant afford a fortune but don’t want it to be naff either. Any recommendations??
    Thank you x

Garry_Lager

Both decathlon and aldi do bike stands that are good – less than £50 (have a decthlon one, heard the aldi ones recommended on here). Decathlon will always have them in, varies with Aldi.

bearnecessities

What’s wrong with upside down in the kitchen?

Edit: For a bike stand though, this is ok and will hopefully win you some ‘bling’ points with him.

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/15315/Park_Home_Mechanic_Repair_Stand_PCS9_QKPCS9?gclid=CMPr75LP8boCFekBwwodyiQAFA

fairydust
    Free Member

Very kind boys thank you. I did see the park one but didn’t know if it would be any good.

thanks again

qwerty
    Free Member

Park stuff is generally great, he’ll be well chuffed.

bearnecessities

Park are the commercially-available Daddy of bike tools; if it’s within budget he’ll like it 😀

Good luck.

deano8
    Free Member

Park Pcs9 is great for about £80 if you can stretch to it.

fairydust
    Free Member

Yes thats about what I would like to pay

takisawa2

Wow.
    A lady who actively encourages, & seeks to nurture, her beloved’s enjoyment of the fixing & tinkererering of bicycles…

I wish you were my Wife.

The Park stand is spot on.
    He’ll be very happy. 😉

ART

Just don’t go trying to buy from Winstanleys. Please! Available from CRC and elsewhere and that way you should actually get it. 🙂

bearnecessities

Never bought from Winstanleys; apologies if they’re crap.

£80 delivered from CRC

Clicky

roverpig

I’ve got a Minoura, which I think cost a touch (but not much) more than the Park. Doesn’t look to be any better though and, as has been said, Park are the Daddy of bike tools, so I’d go for that too.

Hope he appreciates it/you.

devash
    Free Member

Merlin are also great – £79.99

Clicky

fairydust
    Free Member

Park it is then!! I would rather encourage it otherwise he’s a miserable arse!! 😉 😀

Thanks for your help boys!!

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

£72 after 10% off for price match at go outdoors.

toby1

In the interests of balance, I have used Winstanleys to buy a bmx and they were fine.

robhughes
    Free Member

Yep +1 for the pcs9.I have one and you can’t go wrong.

scaredypants

minoura 3100 – doesn’t fold away easily but I reckon you could winch up the back of a car on it. Very solid

andyl
    Free Member

If you can stretch to it the PCS10 is great.

And if he into fettling then anything in ‘Park Tools blue’ will get you lots of brownie points.

Sandwich

What’s wrong with upside down in the kitchen?

If your Shimano brakes are anything like mine the rear brake gets all spongy if I turn the bike upside down. I now make sure the bike goes in the car right way up at all times.

OP don’t forget to Quidco or Topcashback if buying from Merlin for 3%-ish back.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘HELP ME PLEASE!!!!’ is closed to new replies.