Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help me out with an spd query
  • andygreener

Normally use v8 or v12 but decided to put a pair of spd (m540s) on my commuter. Just put them on and adjusted the cleat on my shoes etc. How can i adjust them so that they release very easy before I fall on on the road because i can’t get a foot out tomorrow. As i get more comfortable i should be able to tighten them. Any help appreciated

zaskar
    Free Member

See that allen bolt with -+

Thats the tension bolt. Turn it towards the -ve gently till it stops-don’t go mad and force it.

jimw
    Free Member

use an allen key and turn the adjusting screw on each side all the way in the “-” direction until it won’t go any further

MartynS

at the back of the pedal there should be a 3mm hex bolt.. this is the spring tension, undo it all the way and see how you get on (don’t forget to do both sides!!)

Pickers

There’s an allen bolt to the rear of the pedal (both sides of each pedal) with a + ….. – stamped into the pedal cage. Turn the bolt towards the – to reduce the release tension.

Old-timer
    Free Member

As jimw says, also a drop of oil on each spring and a smearing of grease on the pedals where the cleats clip in. Makes everything easier until you get used to them. You will probably still have a fall though.

andygreener

Thanks people. Hopefully I won’t wipeout too much.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help me out with an spd query’ is closed to new replies.