Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • help me knock a wall down !
  • peterich
    Free Member

Hi guys
    Im taking down an internal block wall that separates our kitchen from our lounge. I have had a builder come round to confirm my theory that it is a none load bearing wall (it runs in line with the floor josts above and none of them rest on it at any point)
    My real question is whats the best way to bring it down, im pok with bring it down to from the ceiling but on one end it meets the main house wall (inner cavity wall) so if the brick work is tied in how do I remove the link – gentle tapping or angle grind down each side floor to ceiling
    Many thanks in advance for any advice
    pete

wwaswas

I’d try and avoid angle grinding indoors if at all possible. It’s *really messy (even more messy than knocking a wall down, ime, the dust is just unbelievable)

I’d knock out the non interleaved bricks so you have every other one sticking out of the wall you’re keeping and then just use a bolster (hit them vertically so they don’t pull out the wall) to cut them off flush.

Stoner
    Free Member

Lump hammer and bolster if block bonded, or it might be tied in just with a steel wall starter strap and ties, in which case it should just come away as you go down through the courses leaving you the steel starter to remove.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Another vote for lump hammer and bolster. No way would I use a disc for what you are doing, it’s not necessary and the dust is something else.

maxtorque

or

sharkbait
    Free Member

Obviously you need one of these:

bails

Put one of these
    And a “Thank you for driving carefully” sign on it. It’ll be flattened by tomorrow morning.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘help me knock a wall down !’ is closed to new replies.