Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Help Me Identify This Fly-Tipping Pickup in Bradford
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

This jerk was just dumping rubbish behind my flat.

When I grabbed it, my camera’s memory card was locked, so I struggled to get these two pictures before it left:

It’s a white pickup SN55 CDA[or maybe CBA] with a single guy driving it wearing an orange high-vis.

What sort of pickup is it?

Does anyone know the owner?

Is there anything else I can do to help the council find/fine the git. Bradford is manky enough without this going on in the centre.

Ta!

MartynS

Sn55 CBA is a Ford Fiesta
    The other reg is uninsured. I looks like a Nissan or a Toyota hilux.
    Report it to council…..

GrahamS

Yep report to the council.

I just gave my official witness statements to the local council for two fly tipping incidents I witnessed by the same guy.

Turns out he runs a fake “waste disposal” business and is charging local businesses then just tipping the waste. Council guy showed me the big case folder they have built on the guy: he’s going down!

allthepies
    Free Member

😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That’s great guys, thanks.

Can I get any other opinions on the type of pickup?

It may well be that it is uninsured – this is Bradford!

jimjam
    Free Member

It looks like a mk1 nissan navara, circa 98/99.

allthepies
    Free Member

No joy with those plates and Nissan as a manufacturer

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

GrahamS

allthepies: they’ve got a case for a number of charges including the flytipping itself, illegal transport of waste, fraud, trespass etc

The council guy reckons at a minimum they’ll be shutting his company, fining him and seizing his vehicles under proceeds of crime. He may or may not get jail time, depending on his defence.

ads678

I once got accused of fly tipping tyres in a van I had hired, the van hire company had given the council my name and details. When I proved that I had actually hired the van on different dates they just gave up! Really pee’d me off that they were happy to come after me but wouldn’t go after the van hire company. 👿

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Out and about in Bradford today. Will keep a watch out.

Daniel
    Free Member

Ford Ranger?

woody2000

I reckon Daniel is right, Ford Ranger.

bentudder

The ridges on the roof look quite distinctive – and that pic of the Ranger up there doesn’t show any. Maybe a different year model of Ranger?

[edit] Looking at the Wikipedia page, Ford re-engineered a Mazda platform between ’98 and ’00. I think the rear door on the crew cab is quite distinctive – most crew cabs seem to have a slight curve or sweep in the bottom back corner.[/edit]

Ewan
    Free Member

From a look on auto trader at pick ups. I reckon a Mazda B2500.

Like this one:

http://vans.autotrader.co.uk/used-vans/mazda/b2500/2002-mazda-b2500-4-action-diesel-derby-vfpa-8aa42e6849371f470149378b2fe44340/bodytype/pick-up/cabtype/crew-cab/cabtype/double-cab/makemodel/make/mazda

Note ridges and front bonnet style that seem to match up.

Nomad
    Free Member

Mazda looks like a good call – the roof mounted aerial is the same.

bentudder

Awesome, Ewan! I’d got as far as this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_B-Series from googling the Ford Ranger. Couldn’t find any pics of a Mazda pickup – you beat me to it!

woody2000

Yeah, good shout.

What’s he tipping Sam? Looks like Xmas trees! 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Ford F150?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hi – it was dumping garden waste and polystyrene. I didn’t see the trees, but it was dark when I went out.

I’m concerned I don’t have the right reg now, I’ll cross-check it, until I get a hit on the DVLA site, hence the interest in what type of car it is.

It wasn’t actually a lot of waste, but that doesn’t mean that the person doesn’t dump other waste elsewhere.

I’ll write to the council this afternoon.

Cheers.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Help Me Identify This Fly-Tipping Pickup in Bradford’ is closed to new replies.