Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help me identify these levers (98 ish)
  • rich-6
    Free Member

I’m on with a restore on an old scott which has these levers only the rear brake has a few bits missing so thought i’d just replace the pair 😆

I was thinking they’d be stx rc but e-bay has shown me i’m wrong so was thinking Deore or LX??? Or are older shimano different

rolfharris
    Free Member

Not shimano them. Prolly just Tektro or something cheap.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Scott sourced stock levers, I’m afraid. Nothing at all special. Nice shape though, IIRC.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

fekin oribal. thats what they are.

the last time i rode with levers like that i impaled a lever into my thigh. still got the scar. bloody oribal

rich-6
    Free Member

😆 they feel good for cheapies shame one sides missing a few bits, guess its time to scout for a new set.

andytherocketeer

Identical to the ones on my Scott Vail (ca. 1998). “fekin oribal” is about right.

I *assumed* they were STX/STX-RC because thats what the bike was sold as, but looking at them, the entire brakes are probably just some generic unbranded OEM thing.

To be STX-RC (or whatever), I spose they only need to use that for the rear mech and shifters, and crankset, cos that’s all the generic buyer “sees”.

/edit same grips too… leave indented “scott” branding in you hands if you ride without gel-padded gloves!

rich-6
    Free Member

Andy,

Same bike 8)

Its looking pretty sweet so far, awaiting a headset and new forks after the original Indys were bent backwards and the headset done for

andytherocketeer

Mine’s still going. Only mod to date is new pedals. Did consider a renovation but decided it wasn’t really worth it, so will probably sell it.

Had a quick blat on it the other day… blimy 48mm travel suspension and narrow bars with bar ends feels so weird after riding 4inch travel HT with king earl bars. Oh and el cheapo V-brakes were scary 😯

DickBarton

They look a very similar shape to some Dia Compe SS5 levers…my mate had a Diamond Back somethig-or-other and it had some cheap cantis on it, levers were the shape shape as Dia Compe SS5’s (same as in the pic) but the SS5’s were allow and these had plastic bits on them…great brakes in terms of function, just don’t look very nice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help me identify these levers (98 ish)’ is closed to new replies.