Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • HELP ME! getting old stickers off a guitar case using items found in psych unit
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve brought my acoustic into work so i can clean it up and get it nice and fresh for some photos. i’ve replaced the top E string, tuned it, polished up the guitar itself, reminded myself how much i love it but can’t really do it justice anymore…. and now its time to clean the hardcase.

being in a ‘the crocketts’ cover band when i was a young teenager means i made the young teenager decision to put several large (and identical) ‘Crocketts’ stickers on the hard case 😆 😳 and now its time to remove such foolishness! we’re talking about 15 years of sticky residue…

so my question is, what products that you’d expect to find in a psych unit could i use to clean up my guitar’s hard case?

this is STW, dont disappoint me now! 😀

TheFlyingOx

Chloroform should work. Or whatever it is you use to subdue the clients.

Well ventilated room though…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Isopropril Alcohol (check spelling)
    White Spirits (check inmates)
    Stanley Knife (check user)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Alcowipes or whatever isopropyl alchol wipes you use

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hospital, so surely there’s surgical alcohol* lying arround?

*which odly, is less pure than the purple meths you can buy in B&Q.

Failing that, cloroform, but that might disolve the case.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Random. 😯

Erm… knives and sharp things maybe?

Failing that… surgical spirit might help. Although I have no idea what they’d honestly use that for in a psych unit.

:weird:

Lifer
    Free Member

Peel as much as you can.

Brown tape gets off a lot of residue.

Then isopropyl to polish it up.

darrell
    Free Member

get one of the inmates to lick it clean

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Channel the hen phil. The hen knows all. Look into his beak, his beak, his beak …

fenred
    Free Member

Just gaffa tape over stickers.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Fenred knows what kinda unit i work in, much more likely to have gaffa tape than cleaning alcohol 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok then, so use the cleaning up of the case as an opportunity for “inmates activity session” and let them loose on it.

Though that sounds a little harsh on my part… I’ll bow out now and tuck into the last few remaining Haribos.

philconsequence
    Free Member

you may jest bikebouy, but i’ve worked with several old-timers who would regularly get the patients to clean their cars for them

organic355
    Free Member

can you get any vinegar from the canteen?

works a treat, we just took some fake plastic mullions/muntins (I had to look that up) off our internal glass doors and they were stuck on.

Malt vinegar got off the sticky crap that was left behind, downside was I fancied a fish supper afterwards.

yunki
    Free Member

I always use a mixture of thioridazine and chlorpromazine for those stubborn household stains..

but for something sticky like that I would add some haloperidol

wwaswas

who would regularly get the patients to clean their cars for them

occupational therapy, innit 😉

iDave
    Free Member

can’t you exploit the inmates – tell them that unless the case is ‘cleansed’ by 2pm, they won’t be adopted by dinosaurs and taken to Neverwonderland.

khani
    Free Member

Diazipam, it won’t actually do anything to the stickers, but you won’t give a shit anymore…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can you get me some Valium please Phil? 🙂

Mmm, tasty Valium….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Poo.

philconsequence
    Free Member

stickers are off, time to get the sticky residue off (takes me back to my days working the streets)

clunker

Use a hairdryer to heat the sticker, then remove any left over glue with some watered down white spirit.

bikebouy
    Free Member

stickers are off, time to get the sticky residue off (takes me back to my days working the streets)

Erm, you may want to reclarify that statement..

Sticky residue and working the streets have a certain connotation…

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ll reclarify 😀

i’ve removed the stickers, now all that is left on the case is several white sticky patches that i still need to remove, having to clean off white sticky stuff using white spirits stolen of somebody with a mental health problem reminds me of when i used to work as a prostitute.

(i haven’t stolen any spirits from patients, i’ll use some i’ve got at home this evening)

(i didnt actually live on the streets and work as a prostitute)

(i’m eating biscuits)

Lifer
    Free Member

wooosh @ bikebouy

bikebouy
    Free Member

p_c Soooo, you lived in a brothel and worked as a prostitute? I do hope you made enough money to afford the lifestyle you now lead.

Did you have lots of pocket change back then??

Only asking like..hahaha

Haribos all gawn.. get your own now tightwads.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘HELP ME! getting old stickers off a guitar case using items found in psych unit’ is closed to new replies.