Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help me find this frame.
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

So, I’m new to the world of 29 inch wheels, and I’m looking for a frame. I was looking at the parkwood but now I’ve realised it’s not long enough on the top tube.

I’ve thought up some ideas of the frame id like which are below. Am I being too optimistic though with finding all these things in a frame? The closest I’ve found is an orange clockwork.

I want the frame to be light, preferably less than 4 pounds.

I want a maximum seat tube of 20 inches.

I want a reach of a minimum of 435, preferably 10mm longer.

And a relatively slack head angle, which can run 100/120mm forks.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

z1ppy

Whyte 5/6/729 series? Not available frame only new but occasionally come up on ebay (F/O)
    I’m looking at to the Nukeproof Scout 29er but that may need a longer fork than your talking about, the ‘old’ Kona Taro maybe closer to your requirements (or new Honza but the ali version is hard to get F/O in UK)

recent thread (though some ppl’s take on slacker geo is very steep IMO!)

garlic
    Free Member

Large Cotic Solaris ticks all of those boxes geometry wise- their bikes tend to be long and low. It’s nearly 1lbs heavier though.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

I am also looking for almost exactly the same frame as you. I have a clockwork 29er but not really slack enough IMO, really nice frame have considered a slack set on it.

I think the whyte bikes are a good suggestion, 2016 large is much better sized than the 2015. New Kona’s sizing is a bit off I feel, long gone are the days of kona offering loads of sizes, I, and I suspect you by the sounds of it, sit between the 18.5″ and the 20.9″ sizes.

being very fussy I wish whyte would do the x29 as frame only, 120mm and in better colours but that’s super fussy.

Other than that I can’t find anything really that fits the bill.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Released at the end of the month.Suspect it’s more 120-140mm fork and going by the 27 geometry it will be long and very slack.
    Counting the days now!

awh
    Free Member

What width bars are you planning on using? I have a 20″ Parkwood with 785mm bars and it doesn’t feel short.

z1ppy

Whyte are following the market, & the 650b just gained traction in time to destroy what was a really good 29er HT, the whyte 929 (differs from the 100mm x29 frame). No matter how many times I or my LBS ask, they are never going to remake it unfortunately, it might have been a brilliant ‘Ali 29er’ but the market went 650B, so Whyte ran with that (& from a business point of view, you can understand it).
    I own a 929 but ended up with a medium (long ETT made it acceptable), when I’d prefer a large. Not regretted buying/riding it for 2 years but my new longer FS has meant I don’t want to return to the smaller frame.. I will be buying a NP Scout 29er (frame only expected RRP of £350), as it ticks the majority of my boxes (that and there’s nothing else I want).

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Get a frMe builder to make your dream bike if you know what you want rather than struggle to find all of what you want saves time dicking about and then you have ever option you want!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help me find this frame.’ is closed to new replies.