Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • help me find the click on my bike!
  • scruff9252

Im going awayon a touring holiday in a few das and my touring bike has developed an infuriating click-click sound.

It happens when my drive side foot is at 5’oclock and again 7 o’clock.

So far I have;
    Tightened the chainring bolts, despite it occuring in all 3 chainrings,
    changed the pedals,
    Tightend the saddle tensioner bolt (spa saddle /brooks copy)
    Tightened the saddle /seatpost bolt.

Its not the deraillieur wire pinging off something but a definate click-click sound.

What else could it be?

takisawa2

I have its long lost cousin resident on my bike.
    Stupid EBB again probably.

Klunk
    Free Member

for me it was the zipper pull on my jacket tapping the zip. 😳 bugged me for months!

rOcKeTdOg

Put anti cease on the pedal threads

mulacs

Pedal bearings. Time for a grease up!

fatbobb
    Free Member

Are you sure its not the seat post? This happened to me and I pretty much did everything you have listed and still it clicked. As a last resort I rode it without the seat post in and bingo – click gone. Put seatpost back in and it’s never returned. Drove me nuts for weeks, that did. Was just about to change the BB when I did the post thing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tried the mech hanger?

whisky711
    Free Member

Knees.

djc1245
    Free Member

loose spoke(s)?
    saddle rails?

khani
    Free Member

Rear QR?

chiefgrooveguru

My bike has been creaking when pedalling for the past week. The last time this happened, after trying everything else, I cleaned and greased the seatpost, which fixed it. Today I took the post out and to my disappointment it was still well greased – so what could the problem be? Anyway, I wiped the grease off, heavily regreased it, put it back, tightened the clamp and rode it. Creak gone!

I should add that both times the creak has occurred when pedalling standing as well as seated.

scruff9252

right so I have changed the pedals for a third pair, & greased the seatpost. I also gave the chainring bolt opposite the pedal a wee tighten. This causes the bolt to sheer with very little force applied so I suspect it may have already been craked.

quick spin up & down the street and creak seems to have gone – This calls for a victory beer!

Cheers all

hambl90
    Free Member

Bottom bracket or your knees ?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Once you’ve tried everything else, check the headset, strip, grease and reassemble, problem sorted.

oldnpastit

What kind of bottom bracket have you got?

How old are your knees?

lunge

Valves moving in the wheels? My road bike had this, fixed with electrical tape wrapped round the valve.

buckster
    Free Member

right so I have changed the pedals for a third pair, & greased the seatpost. I also gave the chainring bolt opposite the pedal a wee tighten. This causes the bolt to sheer with very little force applied so I suspect it may have already been craked.

quick spin up & down the street and creak seems to have gone – This calls for a victory beer!

Cheers all

I was going to say that, its always the chainrings, honest

orangespyderman

at 5’oclock and again 7 o’clock

Try setting off earlier or later 😆

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘help me find the click on my bike!’ is closed to new replies.