Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Help me find some SPD shoes…do these exist?
  • lister

I want to do more road miles on my ‘dale cx bike but don’t want to fork out for new pedals.
    I currently run SPD pedals and some cheapy Northwave commuting shoes. The shoes are quite flexy and I get numb toes in them after about an hour or so.
    What I’m looking for, I think, is some proper racing style SPD shoes with a good stiff sole – fairly road shoe style really. Problem is my budget won’t stretch to more than £70-80.

What can you suggest? I’m a uk size 7-8 depending on manufacturer.
    Thanks!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Fortunately because you have lady sized feet there’s loads of options at good prices.

Carbon sole, fully mouldable, reduced from £200-

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-m240-mtb-spd-shoes/rp-prod55376

I rode the slightly winterised version of these for years (still commute in them) and they’re superb. Stiffer than my Giro Privateers, presumably because the sole is carbon not plastic.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-m183-mtb-spd-shoes/rp-prod46578

MrBlond
    Free Member

Uk 7 is 41…

lister

Thanks. How do Giro shoes size up? Might take a risk on those Privateers, but it would be good if I could get wintery socks in there…

Others are too small though 🙁

dknwhy

Decathlon do some that look pretty good….

lister

They do indeed…

ianfitz
    Free Member

Sorry for the Hijack but I have a pair of barely used Pearl Izumi project 3.0 carbon soled shoes which size up on the small side and are just a tad tight on me. I’m a bog standard uk8/Eu42 so they should fit perfectly.

Posted for £50 if you want them (email is in profile)

cloudnine
    Free Member

The privateers are pretty good.. I’m normally a 7.. Will have a look what mine are in EU size they later.

damskivitch
    Free Member

I recently got some Privateers – thought they came up a little small at first, but now they fit really well. Quite narrow, if that’s any help. My first new spd since my Nike Supa Poobahs!!

lister

Ian YGM

hot_fiat

Lister: you’ve changed man!

This will be discussed at the AGM.

😈

alanf
    Free Member

Sidi’s on sportpursuit.
    Might be outside your price range but these are £90.
    Sidi’s

trailwagger
    Free Member

Lots of things can cause numbness in the toes. A new pair of shoes isn’t necessarily going to fix it.

Try
    1. Adjusting cleat position on shoe
    2. adjusting saddle position (height and fore aft)
    3. adjusting how tight you do up the shoes

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for a similar shoe to OP, more from the fact than my current Shimano’s are very heavy for what they are.

I nearly keep buying some Mavic Crossride SL Elite’s from Wiggle for £60

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Help me find some SPD shoes…do these exist?’ is closed to new replies.