Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help me find a coper washer for me hopes
  • rich-6
    Free Member

Is there anywhere in the UK online that anyone knows of where i can get one of the copper washers that goes in the banjo when you nip the shroud up on the caliper end, The 5mm ones? I had a small leak which has now turned into a big leak and its creeping up the sleeve on my goodridges 🙁

I can only seem to be finding them in the US on their own all i can seem to find is on CRC the kit which is £10 and TBH balls to that for a bit of copper 😆

I tried to warm it up tonight and let it cool so it could be crushed a little more only i think it got a bit too hot and it practically melted on me 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

have you tried Hope direct they are usually very helpful

rich-6
    Free Member

Got onto hope as soon as you suggested, Got hold of Nick who was great and sent me out new olives, inserts and brass washers for the full brake.

Cant beat that for service, I was over the moon when they turned up on Saturday, Just had a great ride today 😀

uplink
    Free Member

Have you tried UKBikestore?
    http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/142/hbsp026/brass-sealing-washer—m6.html

Anyway why not just anneal the old one?
    Heat it up until it's cherry red & then quench it in water

dustytrails

Think i might have one – can't be sure tho. Let me know if your stuck n i'll have a look tomorrow eve. Email in profile.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

why would he when hope sent him a full set?

simondbarnes

Can anybody actually read these days?

dustytrails

"Anyway why not just anneal the old one?
    Heat it up until it's cherry red & then quench it in water"

I Thought you heat up & let cool slowly to anneal something – quenching will usually harden things – if my memory serves me right!!

rich-6
    Free Member

Can anybody actually read these days?

That was my thinking

😆

Thanks for the offer dusty, I tried annealing it on my blowtorch and melted it 😳

uplink
    Free Member

I Thought you heat up & let cool slowly to anneal something – quenching will usually harden things – if my memory serves me right!!

It does with ferrous, but it won't harden copper – letting it cool on it's own will work too though

I tried annealing it on my blowtorch and melted it

Sledgehammer to crack a walnut hey?

uplink
    Free Member

why would he when hope sent him a full set?

Maybe he wanted it fixed tonight, maybe other people like to hear of fixes etc.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help me find a coper washer for me hopes’ is closed to new replies.