Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • help me decide….
  • bigbob38
    Free Member

Going to get a new light, but can’t make my mind up!

Options… Troute 7up, lumicycle xpg or pushing the boat out and going exposure 6 pack…

as I see it:
    Troute – superb run times and brightness (more than I need right now but??)
    Lumicycle – bright and able to get 2 smaller batteries to give a long run time, instead of lugging a large battery everywhere….
    Six pack – bright but cumbersome on the bars – and more money!

So, for £300 ish what would you buy and would you stick another £100 onto your budget to get the six pack??

Thanks Bob

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Why not you go for Hope vision 2 and 4… Im sure you could get both for around that much..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Those trout lights look awesome, theres another chap on here who also makes lights. Think he’s called luminous or something like that.

Or those £50 ones from dealextreme are meant to be fair decent

foxyrider
    Free Member

Or do Trouties make your own for £50 🙂

bigbob38
    Free Member

bigface – got a helmet light thats brill, and although hope offer a superb service, i just dont like the look of the vision 4!
    David – got a deal extreme – doing it’s second winter with no issues, just want a bit brighter and a longer run time! will look at luminous
    Foxyrider – um no… just can’t get my head round small electrics 😳

I am swaying towards the 7up..

rOcKeTdOg

Troute – superb run times and brightness (more than I need right now but??)
    Lumicycle – bright and able to get 2 smaller batteries to give a long run time, instead of lugging a large battery everywhere….

the standard battery on my liberator is tiny, a lot smaller than the light unit (which as you can see isn’t that large), in the woods medium setting is more than enough light .i even forget and have it on the lowest sometimes and then get surprised when pressing the button and it gets twice as light!

Liberator 3.0 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Gary_M
    Free Member

What battery are you using rocketdog? My standard smudge battery isnt ‘a lot smaller’ than the head unit. Any pics?

rOcKeTdOg

pic on trouties site shows the size, bottom left
    http://troutie.com/?p=642

Gary_M
    Free Member

Deceptive pic as my battery is definitely not smaller than the head unit.

Good light though.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Did anyone else get a virus from that link (http://troutie.com/?p=642)

?

rOcKeTdOg

i didn’t, sorry if you did, it was a genuine link though

grtdkad

I bought – sorry, received off Santa – a new Troute Liberator 3.0

It’s an awesome bit of kit – well crafted and tiny – just used it three times so far on slushy and foggy night rides so have not as yet explored the full potential. Riding 99% of the time on Low setting. Still, one of my riding mates did mention that his outline was being projected on to the fog…so I can’t wait for some clear nights and to crank it up to full power!!!! 😀

[Bought the enduro battery version too – for loong rides]

takisawa2

If flush with cash I’d cross Troutie’s palm, but I had to get a pair of DX torches & cant imagine needing more light than they give me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘help me decide….’ is closed to new replies.