• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help me choose – Panasonic TZ7 or TZ8 (compact camera decision content)
  • IHN

Okay, from much internet surfing I have learned:

TZ7 = older model, but has good reputation
    TZ8 = newer model, some more features, but doesn't do some things that the TZ7 did.

Does it really matter? Would I even notice a difference considering I just want to press the button and for it to take good pictures? Grr, sometimes more information is not helpful…

I think I'm going to get the TZ8. No, TZ7. TZ8. TZ7

Nope, TZ8, definately. Or maybe the TZ7.

Help

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i've got the tz5. all the extra 'features' are usually software based shooting modes and things and IMO they rarely make a difference.

I like the HD movie recording mode, but 95% of the time my camera stays on 'auto' mode and i don't touch all the options!

nickjb
    Free Member

AIUI the TZ8 is actually a replacement for the TZ6, the TZ7 is a 'better' version of the TZ6. The TZ8 has a few options to give more control over pictures but that might not be an issue if you just want to point and shoot. The TZ7 has a better screen, as does the TZ65. The TZ8 has a better burst mode which would be good for MTB shots, like capturing someone doing a jump. Not sure what other differences there are. I would say any would do 🙂

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I have a 7 and it's a very good compact camera with more features and capability than I'll ever need or use.

My girlfriend works for an electronics company and bizarrely they actually end up buying very little as they always know what's just about to be released and that it's an improvement blah blah.

At some point you need to enter the Market ad the 7 is more than competent compared with many on the Market.

IHN

So, it looks like we're coming down on the TZ7 side of the fence. Any further input before I press the Buy button?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose – Panasonic TZ7 or TZ8 (compact camera decision content)’ is closed to new replies.