Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help me choose a shoe : GoreTex, flexable sole and SPD ( like Shimano MT60)
  • sputnik
    Free Member

I am after a pair of shoes for an 15 day endurance race. Will involve a lot of hiking/climing too so a grippy flexable sole is a must. Has to be warm and waterproof and lastly SPD compatible. Having read a thread on here about the Shimano MT60 I am not too sure if I want to get a pair of those. What other shoes are there that meets the above criteria?

njee20
    Free Member

Find out what people use on the Iditabike.

I use Northwave Celcius, wouldn't want to walk in them though.

br
    Free Member

These:

http://www.rushcycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b170s391p3468&rs=gb

Discontinued now, but you may find a pair – go up 2 in normal shoe size.

Only downer on them is that water/rain can come in the top – but I also wear Sealskinz socks.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Trouble with big clompy membrane boots that use Goretex is that once water gets in it doesn't tend to come back out. Water inside an already heaavy boot will be a bit energy sapping over distance.

Unless cold temps are an issue I'd buy a pair of the Lake shoes with the Vibram soles / toes studs and put on a pair of goretex socks. Wiggle were selling them for under £50 at Christmas – complete bargain.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Sounds to me like you need some Shimano MT91 boots. Only had mine a few weeks but can't fault them. Plus when I rode through flood water which was up to the top of the wheels, they dried out within a day!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose a shoe : GoreTex, flexable sole and SPD ( like Shimano MT60)’ is closed to new replies.