Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help me choose a bike between these please!
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Either one of the 3 new cannondale beast of the east, either one of the two Scott scale plus or the genesis Tarn 20. I’ve been trying to decide for at least a month and have got nowhere.

beefheart
    Free Member

Cannondale has the coolest name.

sync
    Free Member

Beast of the East 2 is best value in the range.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I was wondering about the suntour forks on the lowest spec bikes. Anyone know if they are junk or worth keeping?

superstu
    Free Member

I had Suntour Raidon’s on an old Genesis. Thought they were pretty good to be honest.

fd3chris
    Free Member

That’s good news as I would like to buy cheaper and upgrade as I go with the bike and the only thing about the cheap ones was the forks to be honest.

coomber
    Free Member

Not sure about the scott but I think the Tarn is the only Boost one there, so hence more expensive

essexbiker
    Free Member

Out of those I’d go for the Tarn – however – I actually bought a Sonder Transmitter which is better value than the Genesis – worth a look

fd3chris
    Free Member

The scotts are boost as well as the Tarn.what size rubber can you comfortably fit in the Sonder Essexbiker?

essexbiker
    Free Member

The Transmitter is Boost at both ends and comes with 2.8″ WTB Trailblazer tyres. Haven’t received mine yet (end of the month can’t come soon enough) so I can’t let you know what tyre clearance looks like.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Ah ok . With boost it should be able to take 3.0 I would think.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose a bike between these please!’ is closed to new replies.