Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help me build my new bike
  • glynP
    Free Member

I’ve got a new blur ltc with Bos deville forks the frame and forks are White and I fancy running 1 x 10 or 1 x 9, I could get the new Easton haven wheels, give me some ideas for some nice bling for my dream machine

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Raceface Next SL, cranks, seatpost and bars, Syntace F99 Stem, X0 mech, shifter and brakes would be my starting point

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Bos deville forks eh? Jesus they cost £1100.00. Are they twice as good as fox or rockshox in performance 🙄

Shorty121
    Free Member

Some were sold cheap which made them better value than fox

glynP
    Free Member

The Bos forks are actually £750 and we have three pairs in the shop, 2x 160mm and 1x 140mm, Dirt mag say they are the best 2011 product so far and are way above the competition ie RS and Fox. If they are better than my 36’s then they must be amazing.
    I am more of a shimano man but would never rule anything else out.

OrangeLad
    Free Member

I went from Shimano to XO and X9 much prefer it feels more definite and mechanical than shimano there is a click from the shifter a definite clunk from the rear mech and the chain has been shifted.

schmiken

Industry Nine wheels, X.0 shifter and mech, Rotor 3D cranks, and Crank Brothers bar, stem and post.

glynP
    Free Member

I find that the latest xtr ( not 20011 ) is the best shifter I’ve ever used, it’s been a while since I used SRAM so can’t really comment on them

glynP
    Free Member

Industry nine, very nice, what about rotor cranks, anyone tried them?

bloodynora
    Free Member

Running Rotor cranks with a SAAB BB on my hardtail at the mo… ok so far and very smoooth after a few months riding

akira

Point one racing pedals and stem, Crank Bros Iodine wheels, XTR 2×10 set up and XX brakes.
    Good start.

glynP
    Free Member

Crank bros wheels that could be a plan, are they tubless

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Crank bros wheels are as soft as putty 🙁 You’d be better getting a pair of mavic crossmax slr’s as they run tubeless 😀 2011 shimano xtr trail groupset and easton finishing kit!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help me build my new bike’ is closed to new replies.