Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Help! I,ve put a hole in the bath I need a bodge untill after Christmas(pics)
  • postierich
    Free Member

Ok to shower as its just above the base but my daughters hates showers so what cheap fix so she does not smell to bad

anokdale
    Free Member

Fibre glass patch kit fro Halfords

nbt

piece of gaffertape either side. Gaffer tape fixed anything, *FACT*.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Second Gaffer tape!

clubber
    Free Member

Ditto gaffer tape – we used it to temporarily fix small holes in rowing boats.

Electrical tape works too (can't see your pics so don't know how big they are)

lyons
    Free Member

hmmm, maybe if you put something at the back, to support it, like try gripfilling a flexible piece of plastic on the back. And then use something along the lines of silicon sealant, which would hopefully hold it. May not work though. Theres probably a better way of doing it…

rockthreegozy
    Free Member
    lyons
    Free Member

to make that clearer, i'd pput the silicone in the hole…

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Surprised no one's asked how you made the hole yet.

tonyg2003

fibreglass repair kit from a motor spares shop put on the outside of the bath – maybe rough the surface to key it in – my thinking is that since the bath is fibreglass it's the best way to go. Then maybe a bit of smoothed filler in the inside of the bath.

gator
    Free Member

Milliput – works for me

ads-b
    Free Member

Silicone will do the job. Have fixed a cystern to the wall, pan to the floor and a sink to the wall with it. Its strong stuff (and waterproof). And more importantly-cheap.

Sirneildementure
    Free Member

Looks the sort of hole that a stiletto heel would make!!!

postierich
    Free Member

rightplacerighttime – Member

Came in from my nightride last night after a few beers and knocked a giant frog off the wall(holds kiddie toys for bathtime).
    All mighty crash did not notice untill the other half told me this morning!!

pinches
    Free Member

they repair holes like that in aeroplane wings, with araldite.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

That old excuse!

BigJohn

Go to Boardwise in Cannock – windsurfing shop. Get a stick of Dr Ding which is used for mending holes in boards.

I guess the bath is acrylic so if you use resin/hardner you need to know whether epoxy or polyuerethane will bond best.

Alternatively cut the hole round and get a blanking plate with rubber washers.

yossarian
    Free Member

a tyre boot will fix that

marsdenman
    Free Member

did not notice untill the other half told me this morning!!

so, how many was 'a few'…… 😀

bigsi
    Free Member

yep we used to do permenant repairs on fibre glass canoes with a fibreglass repair kit you can buy at most car/diy stores.

If done correctly the repair would last for years, no need to replace bath unless you the sort of guy who lines his tyre logo/valves up 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yup, f/g repair kit, a bit of masking and a good filler material and you could have it as good as new. Stuff like tape and silicone will just get pushed through by people standing on it etc.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Fibre glass kit or gel coat repair from boat supplies place (yeh I know,Chandlers)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

can i suggest a combination of matted hair from your beard and mud form the perimeter of the 'puddle of doom' on FTD?

nedrapier

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

thomthumb
    Free Member

can i suggest a combination of matted hair from your beard and mud form the perimeter of the 'puddle of doom' on FTD?

don't joke – somewhere in my office is a natural fibre composite made of pubes! 😯

sheldona
    Free Member

Go somewhere that does a DFS deal so you can buy now, pay nowt for a year then get 4 years free credit 😉

Mackem

use a plug

tthew

If done correctly the repair would last for years, no need to replace bath unless you the sort of guy who lines his tyre logo/valves up

You don't line the tyre logo's up wiht the valves, you line them up with the rim stickers FFS. 🙄

slimraybob
    Free Member

Great advice, but there are professional companies that repair baths and showers, costs about £60.00 trakes about an hour and you cant tell that its been done

StuF

+1 for fibreglass kit. I did our bath after the kids were jumping up and down too much.

I had some left over from repairing boats/ windsurfers back in the day.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

You can buy a bathroom repair kit from B&Q. Includes two part resin compound, wet & dry sandpaper and enamel paint. It only comes in white, but I just fixed my bath with one. Aside from the colour mis-match it works perfectly. I think it's made by Ronseal and they keep it near the sealants and glues in the B&Q near me.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Stans or Ghetto

🙂

Peregrine
    Free Member

Gaffer tape!

postierich
    Free Member

Been to wilkos and bought some magic putty squished it around and bish bosh its on, might need to water proof it.

Will of course update when my daughter decides to stick her finger through it and drowns the newish kitchen downstairs!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Help! I,ve put a hole in the bath I need a bodge untill after Christmas(pics)’ is closed to new replies.