Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • HELP IT problem
  • crankboy
    Free Member

A long shot and obscre but ligit enquiry . Can any one comment on the fesability of remotely accessing a ATM by computer and fooling it in to giving out cash without debiting accounts . Ideally i want some one with qualifications who is prepared to back his/her opinion up . The only expert i can find is in Ammerica. PLEASE DO NOT POST HOW TO DO THIS ON THIS FORUM . just tell me if you can comment.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah I can do it, but I need you to send me your card and pin number. I am fully qualified.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Can’t believe you don’t know how to do that!!

allthepies
    Free Member

davidrussell
    Free Member

he told you not to post how to do it mogrim – now everyone will be trying it!

love the roflcopter too

samuri
    Free Member

I’m not an expert but I’ve known guys who are and we’ve had discussions about this.

General consensus is, not remotely.

If you have local access to the machine (and in particular those machines you get inside pubs and petrol stations), yes, it’s possible.

Actually I’ve seen a video of the latter example. Want me to dig it out?

edit: never mind, mogrim’s done it already.

sharkbait
    Free Member

If you did it remotely how would you get the money out 😕

mogrim

he told you not to post how to do it mogrim – now everyone will be trying it!

Cripes! You’re right! And I spent hours googling that link to obscure security expert Bruce Schneier’s web page, now I’ve made it easy for everyone!

mogrim

If you did it remotely how would you get the money out

That’s why the OP has an American accomplice, see. I think.

crankboy
    Free Member

Thanks mogrim and samuri that’s about as far as I got. What i need is someone who can talk about this with some expertise in the UK.

Loved the copter.

“If you did it remotely how would you get the money out “
    I don’t know it’s not explained by the victims, we assume that the access was remote ie with out hands on the machine or a forged pin card. but that the offender or an accomplice was near enough to benefit when the jackpot went through.

Cougar

I suspect it’s not very prevalent because it’s more trouble than it’s worth, there are far easier ways of knocking over an ATM. Social engineering for instance, or waiting for someone else to enter their PIN and then coshing them over the noggin.

(What cycle helmet for cash withdrawals?)

molgrips
    Free Member

Hang on. That link suggests possibly war-dialling to find an ATM. If you do that, then you don’t know where the thing is, do you? So who’s collecting the cash?

Jamie
    Free Member

A long shot and obscre but ligit enquiry

You are an exiled Nigerian prince and I claim my $5 million you have sitting in a Swiss account which you only need £1000 from me to retrieve, for which I will be rewarded 40% of the total sum.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘HELP IT problem’ is closed to new replies.