Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help! Is my rear shock knackered?
  • cleanfreak
    Free Member

Morning good folk of STW! Some thoughts/advice needed please…

Was happily riding Llandegla yesterday and on a descent my X Fusion 02RC rear shock (Spesh FSR XC Expert '08) seemed to come a little unstuck! Didn't feel a pop or the exact moment it occurred, but by the end I noticed that it was just blowing through the travel and popping back out with zero rebound damping (rebound dial having no effect). Also, if I flick the lockout lever, it still blows through the travel and pops back to fully extended.

So… have I blown a seal, is it terminal/fixable? Any thoughts gratefully received! Thanks

rhayter

This might sound like a silly question, but have you tried putting more air in? If the shock won't retain the air, then it sounds like a blown seal. Tim Flooks and his team will be able to help. I've used them before and the service is amazing.

bent_udder
    Free Member

+1 for TF Tuned. They'll tell you one way or t'other. If it's beyond help, they may also be able to help out with a second hand reconditioned shock.

cleanfreak
    Free Member

Thanks both. As it was dark when I got back, I didn't get the opportunity to get any air into it or look in more detail so I'll give that a go first. Otherwise I'll contact TF Tuned. Thanks for the tip!

slackman99
    Free Member

You could try contacting Specialized. They might well be able to help. Not sure what the warranty length is on the X-Fusion kit, but on my new Pitch, i've got 2 years on the forks and I thought he said 1 on the shock, but looking at X-Fusion website, it seems like it might be 2 years for EU countries (although that might not cover OEM kit)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help! Is my rear shock knackered?’ is closed to new replies.