Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • help identifying year of my specialized stumpjumper
  • llama87
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m looking to sell my Specialized Stumpjumper, but don’t know a lot about it. I was hoping someone would be able to help me identify the model year to help me narrow down my search!

Thanks in advance!

mrchrispy

Deffo pre 2006, it reckon it’s circa 2004/5

ltheisinger
    Free Member

With that rear suss set up I think its a 2004?

mieszko
    Free Member

The Maniotu fork has the newer style adjusters that were on them after 1998 (I had the older Sx-ti with older style adjusters). I’ll guess it’s about 2001.

[edit] Just had a look at Bikepedia. The rear linkage seems the same as on FSR’s from 1999 and 2000, 2001 had a beefier rear link.
    [edit]

llama87
    Free Member

Thanks!
    I had a look on bikepedia, but was thrown when it only had certain colours listed!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

shotsaway
    Free Member

Pretty sure it is a 2000 model. In 1999 the FSR XC decals had 3 stripes running through them (See below)

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

Gulf Oil colour scheme, I like it!

stumpy01

99 or 2000

My old one is a 2001 & looks like this:

crazy-legs

That’s a 2000 frame. Colour scheme (a friend had one) and also the rear shock linkage. I had one in 1999, black and red but with the same linkage.
    From 2001 onwards they had a linckage as shown in stumpy01’s pic above.

Really nice frame but you do have to watch out for play in that rear shock setup. Oh and the forks are pants.

HTH 😉

llama87
    Free Member

Thanks again guys!
    It’s in pretty imacculate condiiton, I was quite young when I got it and really didn’t use it. I’ve got another bike now thats a bit more suitable for commuting to work, and i’m looking to rehome this with someone who can appreciate it!
    Any ideas of how much I should be selling it for?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘help identifying year of my specialized stumpjumper’ is closed to new replies.