Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help identify RS Reba fork year please – kinda urgent :-
  • zeesaffa
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’m servicing the Rockshox Reba Race forks off my Boardman HT.
    Learning as I go along…

I’ve never been certain if they are 2009 or 2010 model but have just found that the RS service manual states different oil volumes for lowers for the different models:

2009 gets 10ml of 15w
    2010 gets 5ml of 15w

Does anyone know how I can tell which year I have please?
    They look the same.

Thanks!

z1ppy

Have a look under the crown, just checked some old ones that I’ve got in bits & they have 04 moulded in next to the steerer (had to clear mud away to read it), which sounds about the right age for mine

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Afraid not – but thank you for the suggestion 🙂
    All I have near there is a serial number but that doesn’t give a clue as to the year.

To make matters slightly worse… my only concern was the lower leg oil volume because the upper leg volume matched for both years.
    Just after the index in both the 2009 & 2010 service manuals it lists upper leg volumes as 123ml for both years.

However, on page 31 of the 2009 manual it lists it as 110ml for the Reba!
    I’m really hoping that is a typo because I’ve just finished the damper side 😥

tallmart10

Did you ever get a resolution for this? I am also trying to id my forks…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/reba-which-service-kit

Cheers

Mart.

njee20
    Free Member

It’s in the serial number – first two numbers are the week of production, then a letter, then a model year IIRC.

tallmart10

That was exactly the info I needed. So my ’15T90026491′ is week 15, 2009, I presume.

Many thanks njee20!

Mart.

njee20
    Free Member

Indeed it is!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help identify RS Reba fork year please – kinda urgent :-’ is closed to new replies.