Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • HELP – I appear to have spawned Satan!
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

The cute little boy I used to known has been replaced by a right grumpy strop fest at school. He’s just 5 and is in Year 1. He only gets irrational when he’s hungry or when you mess with his artwork but recently he’s got a lot worse. He’s fine going in in the morning, always has been but he’s been sent outta class for tantrums twice in as main school days. He’s fine at home, can’t remember the last time the naughty step was employed. Is this just a phase? I need to know before his naughty box overflows.

Houns

Overflows with poo? How long you keep him locked up in there for? I admire your style of parenting *doffs cap*

wwaswas

when you mess with his artwork

he’s not called Rothko is he, ‘cos he’s going to be right pee’d off when he reads the papers.

On a more serious note: talk to the staff and find out what’s happening. Try and get him to explain what’as going on. Some sort of reward system – beads in a jar for being good = golden time might help?

br
    Free Member

The naughty step was kept ‘warm’ long after 5 y/o in our house…

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Not the centre of attention he’s used to being whilst at school perhaps? Is he your only or youngest child by any chance?

marcus7
    Free Member

Big change going into year one insofar that its proper lessons etc, he probably tired and maybe struggling to come to terms with the work required (not his ability to do it). it probably feels like less fun, i speak with experience as my daughter has just gone into year one and i can definitely see the difference in her, still lovely to be with but much shorter fuse and less inclined to do as she is told!
    HTH

mu3266
    Free Member

Don’t risk it. Execute him immediately, the Mayans were right!

blurty

As said above, I guess he’s just knackered. He’ll be fine after half term once he gets used to the pace.

In the meantime give him some dirt-cheap fizzy pop, the sort with plenty of Tartrazene. That’ll perk the little blighter up.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, mine started year 1 this year and has been a bit difficult at times. It wasn’t helped by the fact that freeplay from reception year was meant to gradually phased out, when it was actually completely done away with! He is settling down now, but I think its just an age thing.

JulianA
    Free Member

I get irrational and ratty when I’m hungry and / or tired – something to eat or even just a cup of tea sorts me out. I’m not diabetic or hyperthyroid (it’s been checked out) but I think I have a high metabolic rate.

I don’t have any artwork with which to mess but if I did I’d put it down to OCD if you messed with it!

johnikgriff
    Free Member

You should get down on your knees and thank what ever god you like that he is not a she……

I have 2 boys and 1 girl, I know about what I speak 😉

They all go through phases, naughty step will eventually wear them down. 🙂

argoose
    Free Member

Send ‘im t’work down’t pit.
    He will soon see how easy school is

Sandwich

Ay t’pit or chimneys will sort em out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘HELP – I appear to have spawned Satan!’ is closed to new replies.